“Clean comfortable lodging” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 27 hotels in Winchester
Plano, Texas
“Clean comfortable lodging”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

My husband and I booked our one night stay last night after I came upon this location in my AAA Pet Friendly Hotel Guide as we are traveling with our two furkids. I booked the room from the road and must say I chose the right hotel for the night! The desk clerk was friendly and professional. Our kitties are no problem at all on the road as they're just glad to be with us. The carpet was slightly warn but the room was clean. My only complaint is the PTAC heating system dried out and over warmed the room and didn't shut off, so that even though it was chilly outside we turned the unit to AC. Much better temp but still dry in the room. If our travels bring us this way again we'd be glad to stay here!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
CXWNVA, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we always welcome your furkids!!!

Should your travels bring you our way again, we hope you will stay with us again.

Happy Fall,

241 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Union Hall, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here last evening. We've stayed here previously but this was, by far, the best of our stays. We received a warm greeting from the desk clerk and she got us checked in quickly. Shortly after entering our room, she called to check that everything was OK; a nice touch.The King Suite we had was quite roomy and well-appointed. It was also nice and clean. The room had a television in the bedroom and in the sitting area. The best thing was the room's HVAC system. It was not one of those under-the-window type that are usually noisy and blow directly on the bed. Instead, the unit was in a small closet and the air moved through ductwork much like a home system. It was nice and quiet. I only wish more hotels would use this kind of system. The breakfast selection was really excellent with a nice choice of hot and cold cereal, fruit salad, waffles, scrambled eggs, bacon, apples, bananas, and various pastries. The breakfast room attendant was very pleasant and did an excellent job of replenishing those items which were running low. The only minor complaint I might have is that I found the bed to be a bit firm for me. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the Winchester, VA area.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
CXWNVA, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We LOVE our repeat guests and are happy that we were able to make your stay enjoyable.

We hope you will be able to stay with us again soon.

Have a wonderful Fall!

Regards,

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband and I travel a lot. We use the CIS whenever we can. So our circle of sampling is large. This CIS stands out. It is a property that is located convenient to the interstate, restaurants, gas, entertainment etc. It is beautiful, looks new or at least updated. And, the food is great!!! Stay here, you'll love it. We did!!!

Room Tip: We had no noise problems. We were in a room towards the parking lot.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
CXWNVA, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you so very much for reviewing our hotel and your kind words. There is nothing better then hearing from someone who has stayed in lots of hotels and can appreciate our efforts. I say every day that I am blessed to have the staff that I do. They are all very caring, hard working people and it shows in what we have been able to accomplish here as a team.

We are all very thriled you enjoyed your stay and hope you will stay with us again should your travels return you to our area.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Enjoyed our one night stay at Country Inn in Winchester, VA. It was great to have an Inn with no smoking what so ever.. The room was nice and clean and we even used the pool and spa. The breakfast was also very good.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We always appreciate hearing what our guests have to say and it helps us see not only what we are doing well, but also where we need to work a little harder.

We hope you will visit us again should your travels bring you back to our area.

Have a wonderful Fall season!

Henryville, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stopped over here with reservations but the check in process was very long and the staff cool and unwelcoming - we must have got them after a bed evening but nevertheless we did not feel very welcomed.

The room was ok and the beds comfortable although the air conditioning we could never get quite right so we froze or cooked in alternate periods. In any case we had to be up early and out on the road.

It was not an overly impressive stay one way or the other

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
CXWNVA, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am disappointed to learn we were not able to exceed your expections which is our norm. I hope that perhaps you will give us another opportunity should your travels return you to the area. In the meantime, blessings for a wonderful Fall.

herndon,va
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Enjoyed my stay, but some other brands of hotels in same price range have nicer hotels. Pool and hot tub sides could use some extra cleaning, not bright white like they should be. Radio/clock did not work, but no biggie. Staff friendly. Breakfast was a bonus. Hotel is very close to several places to eat, and several highways. Downtown Winchester was some 4 miles away. Enjoyed nearby Museum of the Shenandoah Valley (close to downtown Winchester). Nice Patsy Cline exhibit and more.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

CXWNVA, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It looks as if we have a few things we could work on (although the pool is discolored due to the chemicals so not a lot that can be done there). Thank you for bringing the others to my attention.

We hope you will visit us again should your travels return you to our area.

north west england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I like Country inns. I like the seats outside on the “front porch” even though, as here, there’s no rural idyll vista to look at, just a Shell filling station and the car park of an Outback Steakhouse. I like the lobby area, fitted out with a sofa and chairs, reminiscent of granny’s front room. I like that there’s proper crockery and cutlery in the breakfast area, rather than the plastic throw-away items you get in most hotels. Yes, I know it’s all marketing style but, for me, it works and it distinguishes the chain from others. This was, I think, hotel no. 10 of our trip and, yes, you do realise that, in most matters, one hotel is pretty much like the others.

So, as to matters in Winchester, the hotel is a shortish drive from downtown, just off the interstate and along the inevitable road from town where you’ll find the car dealers and the fast food outlets. Room was clean and well equipped with things like a microwave and fridge. Beds were very comfortable with a firm and supportive mattress. In spite of the relative proximity to busy roads, there’s no intrusive noise. The inclusive breakfast was not bad at all – the usual juices, breads and pastries as well as some hot items – scrambled egg (more of the chopped omelette sort than proper scrambled), a waffle maker, etc.

All round good stay for a couple of nights.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
CXWNVA, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so happy that it met your needs and you enjoyed your time here.

Please keep us in mind should your travels bring you back to our area. We will look forward to your return.

Ellen DePoy-Golden

Been to Country Inn & Suites Winchester? Share your experiences!