“Good value!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Winchester
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Good value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

A friend and I stayed here a couple of weeks ago on our way to NY, and we were very pleased with the accommodation. The check-in woman was most helpful, and everything seemed clean and comfortable. I particularly liked the fact that, at breakfast, we didn't have to eat off plastic plates with plastic utensils or drink our coffee out of plastic cups (a real pet peeve of mine). Two restaurants are within easy walking distance of the motel, so we didn't have to get back in the car and drive somewhere to eat--a plus in my opinion. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
CXWNVA, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am thrilled that you and your friend found everything to be satisfactory with your stay. Our location is wonderful for weary travelers who dont wish to get back in the car.

I hope you will continue to stay with us should your travels return you to the area.

Ellen DePoy-Golden

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

This property was all I could hope for. I am one of those people who actually fear hotels. I normally do not look forward to out-of-town trips where I will be forced to stay in a hotel and this trip was no different in that respect. However, I had read all of the great reviews and I was hopeful that the property would live up to all of the hype it was being given...and it did. The front desk staff was great, even taking the time to remember that we were there for a wedding and asking us about it the next day, the room was remarkably clean, the housekeepers went over-and-beyond to make sure everything was the way it should be and the breakfast was just what one would need to get their day started. The wonderful lady taking care of us at breakfast loved her job and it was appararent to her customers. So, for this hotel to win over a person with a long-time phobia of hotels, is saying a lot. If and when we are ever back in this area, this will be the hotel of choice for us. Thank you for a great experience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
CXWNVA, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I cannot tell you how happy I am that we were able to meet and exceed all your expectations and ease your phobia of hotels. I say all the time that I am blessed to have the staff that I do. They are wonderful, caring, hard working people and some of them have been here since the hotel opened. I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world.

We hope your travels bring you back to the area at some point and we get to see you again.

NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

As my last visit to this location was a disaster (see July 2011 review), I chose to return to
"the scene of the crime" on 8/31 to see if anything had changed. I must say that my faith has been restored in this property. No issues at check-in. The room was in perfect condition. Bedding and bath were appointed properly. WiFi was easy to access. Breakfast had the eggs, sausage & home fries in addition to the waffles. Check-out was a breeze. The staff as always has been welcoming and accomodating.
I believe in second chances and this place has earned it. If given the opportunity, I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for giving us a second chance. I too believe in them and I am thrilled we were able to rise to the occassion and make your stay so enjoyable.

We look forward to having you back with us in the future.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Could not have asked for more. Friendly, knowledgeable staff. Room was just what I requested: quiet, away from the ice machine, away from loud groups, away from the elevator. Breakfast was more than sufficient. Plenty of tea selections to satisfy me :) Indoor pool temperature was just how I like it to get a good water aerobics work out. The hot tub allowed me to relax. Excellent place to stay.

Room Tip: If you are a member, call the desk directly. This way, you will get the points.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am thrilled to learn we were able to make your stay here "wonderful"! That is always our goal and my staff works hard to make sure we can provide all of our guests a memorable, great experience.

We will look forward to having you with us again should your travels bring you back to our area!

Whitsett NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We picked this hotel for an over night stay on our way to New York. The hotel was very clean, the staff was helpful and breakfast the next morning was very good. We arrived late after traveling and was promptly checked in and off to our room. The beds are very comfortable, the room was very clean and the bathroom was well stocked. The breakfast buffet the next morning was fresh and hot. We will definitely stay here again and highly recommend this property. The location is a little hard to find off Hwy 81, but our GPS got us right to the hotel. Lots of dining options close by if you are in the area for a meal.

Room Tip: We had a room near the elevator and didn't have any noise from the elevator or the hall
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
CXWNVA, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are thrilled that you found us and we were able to exceed your expectations. We will look forward to having you with us again in the near future.

Jamestown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

A gem amongst hotels, from the very friendly and welcoming staff to the always superb accomodations. A non-quibble pet policy allows me to bring my two dogs for an extra $20 each. And the Carrabas in the same commons is one of their best and will extend to you a free hors d'oevres just for saying you are staying at the Country Inn. Or if you're looking for something really unique and different for dinner, Winchester's promenade in the heart of the old city is a ten minute drive and has some great non-chain restaurants. On your way out next day, don't miss their free breakfast set up, beautifully layed out by a gal who takes pride in her work.

Room Tip: I've stayed there several times and never got a bad room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so happy that we were able to meet the needs of you and your pets. We love pets here! And as for my staff - they are wonderful. I am blessed to have such a hard working, caring team.

We look forward to your return in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

I have always been pleased with the CI&S experience and Saturday night after a long day of travel was no exception . We stopped at the Carrabara's nearby to place a to go order prior to check in , then checked in and asked to leave the car in front as I was going back out to get the order. Not only was it not a problem but was given a coupon that was good on the order I had made. Wine is also available on site so for a quick stop where you do not want to be in a restaurant this was perfect. Plus cookies for desert. Jeremiah at the front desk was extremely helpful and obviously enjoyed making all guests welcome .

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. Also very happy to hear you enjoyed Carrabba's Italian Grill and that Jeremiah was so helpful. My team are all hard working, caring people.

We hope you will stay with us again should your travels bring you to our area.

Ellen DePoy-Golden

Been to Country Inn & Suites Winchester? Share your experiences!