“Southern Hospitality at its BEST!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Winchester
West Deptford, New Jersey, United States
“Southern Hospitality at its BEST!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

From check in to after we were home, I was impressed with friendliness, courtesy and willingness to help. Rooms were very clean, bed and linens were fresh, staff was courteous and helpful and offered suggestions to assist with our needs.
Our stay was quiet and every accomodation provided by the staff. We felt like we were their only guests because of the personalized attention.
Breakfast provided in the morning was fresh and everything was clean and well cooked.
Check out very simple and after we returned home and left something behind, they had item already saved, labeled and assisted in having it shipped to us without issue.
Value for the room was excellent for the accomodations. We stayed in the whirlpool suite with serenity option. There's not a thing I would change and when I pass through this area again, I know I will find the same pleasant people who made a difference in my stay.

Room Tip: Serenity Option to stay away from the elevator noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
CXWNVA, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Good Afternoon:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. I repeatedly say I have one of the best staff's going!! They are all wonderful people that care very much for our hotel and guests and it shows!

We do hope you will visit us again should your travels bring you back to our area.

Kind Regards,
Ellen DePoy-Golden

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
strasburg va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

First time staying here. We had the romantic getaway package, king bed, jacuzzi, movie passes, & dinner.Check in was smooth and 2 hours early. They even called our room & ask if everything was satisfactory. Room was the cleanest I have ever seen in a hotel. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast was good. Will definetly stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
CXWNVA, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Good Morning and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so happy we were able to make your romantic getaway ever so special! We hope to see you again in the near future. Happy Spring!

Stow, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Wasn't disappointed . Clean , comfortable , excellent staff . Breakfast in morning with a cheerful hostess. It all came together again as I expected it would . I've stayed at 4 places in the areaover many many years and this will always be my go to when they have a vacancy . I didn't know how far I was going to get due to rain/snow on my trip.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
CXWNVA, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. We LOVE our repeat guests and I am so glad we have been able to repeatedly meet your expectations. My hope is that it will continue. We will look forward to your next stay. Until then.........

Cartersville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We stayed here on an emergency trip heading towards Reading PA. The young man behind the desk was very helpful. We arrived late at night and he did everything to make sure we got settled. The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. Much needed due to the stress of the trip

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
CXWNVA, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am so thankful that we were a bright spot on your emergency trip. One of the things I love most about this business is we are able to touch peoples lives daily in the best and worst of times for them and hopefully make a small positive difference. Thank you again and I hope you will stay again should your travels bring you back to our area.

NEW YORK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Upon arrival there was a growing line, and only one person helping people check in and it seemed like a complicated process. Then a (manager?) appeared but just kind of looked over the clerk's shoulder like a lot of managers do when they should be helping out. She disappeared for a while. Then she escorted someone out of the building with a large older television. I guess they are selling off the ones that have been replaced by the nice flatscreens? Maybe this process could happen at other than peak check in times. In any case, she finally concluded that business and took up position at the computer to help the next guest (which I was). Once focused on this task, it was efficient and friendly. But all told this was about a 15 minute long wait, after a long day on the road. And I was second in line!

The rooms are large, clean, well furnished, and have 2 nice flatscreen televisions.The pool area is large, clean, and not busy when we used it. Lots of towels available and a shower in the corner to rinse off. A very nice facility. Some good places to eat in walking distance, but beware the italian place (covered in a separate review)

Two issues with the room, the bathroom door won't fully open because it hits the shower curtain bar (it's one of those curved ones that give you more room when showering). Also the ceiling light by the door flashes when turned off (it has a CFL bulb in it and they can do this when de-powered). It scared my kids.

In terms of the breakfast, it was good, there are hot options, wish there was cream cheese for the bagels.

One last note, although I am a club carlson member and this was acknowledged at check in any by a welcome note in the room, I'm more accustomed with this chain to get a bit more, such as some water bottles, granola bars, etc. which have always made us feel welcomed in the past.

Despite these minor details I'm still giving this a 5 rating because it was a good night's sleep, in a comfortable room, and I think a good value for the price paid for a 1br suite.

It's also a bit hard to get to this property from i-81 since it's an exit off that highway to another highway and then another exit and the signs were a bit confusing.

Room Tip: I'd face the front so you can see your car in the lot.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
CXWNVA, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I greatly appreciate your honest feedback. It is always helpful to know where we can do better. It looks like overall it was a positive experience. We look forward to having you and your family with us again should your travels bring you to our area.

Best wishes for a wonderful 2013!

ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stay here twice a year and recommend the place highly Staff are terrific friendly helpful
Place is clean well kept Rooms comfortable with new flat screen tv Pool clean refreshing and jacuzzi warm and soothing
Excellent restaurant near by Violino worth the trip

Room Tip: Ground floor either side
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
CXWNVA, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We love our repeat guests!!!!!
We will look forward to your return. In the meantime, best wishes for a wonderful New Year!

GM
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We chose this hotel because it was pet friendly for only $20 extra per night and because it had great reviews. It did not disappoint! Friendly staff, very clean facility, and they quickly relocated our room due to noise in the room above. We loved it!

Room Tip: Pet friendly rooms are only on the 1st floor. To avoid noisy guest above you, ask for a 3rd floor r...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. It sounds as if you had a great stay and I am so happy we were able to assist in making that happen. We look forward to having you with us again soon. Best wishes for a Happy New Year!

GM

Been to Country Inn & Suites Winchester? Share your experiences!