“A great place to stay.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Winchester
Ridgeley, WV
“A great place to stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Let's face it - a room is a room. You have an expectation that you will get a nice, well-appointed, clean room. And you get that here. What sets this hotel apart are the people. From the front desk to housekeeping, every time I saw an employee, I was greeted, asked if I needed anything, and if I was enjoying my stay. The breakfast nook had real plates and flatware. I liked that they had salsa and cheese for my scrambled eggs. And peach juice? Lovely. Situated next to the Alamo Draft House (movie theatre, for those unfamiliar), and within walking distance to an Outback and a Carrabba's, makes it the perfect spot for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
CXWNVA, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, VA, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you were able to enjoy a romantic getaway. I have always said I am blessed to have the staff that I do! They are all very caring people who take their jobs to heart!

Please keep us in mind when in need of another break. We are always happy to have you with us.

Ellen DePoy-Golden

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Beaufort, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night. The room was well–appointed, attractive, and clean. There are duvets on the bed and the enclosed quilts are not lumpy as I've found at other hotels. There was a small microwave and a fridge, and a coffee pot with—surprise—Sleepy Time Tea in addition to the usual coffee! As others have said, the TV is not a flat screen but absolutely adequate with a good picture. The staff is friendly, professional and efficient.

The hotel is located near an Outback and a Carabbas and back enough from the main road to not be affected by traffic noise. All in all, a good place for a night.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will keep us in mind should your travels return you to our area.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We are usually very picky when it comes to the room when we stay at a hotel. Country Inn & Suites at Winchester far exceeded our expectations. The little items that are usually overlooked..such as the alarm clock, hair dryer, telephone...were all clean. The beds were in great shape. The bathroom was cleaned to meet even my expectations. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Even the breakfast provided that little extra, with real plates, silverware, and coffee cups. We used the pool and hot tub while we were there. Both had been checked that day and both were clean and well maintained. We loved the Winchester area and look forward to staying there again when we visit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
CXWNVA, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, VA, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am thrilled that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations. That is always our goal.

I do hope you will visit again should your travels return you to our area. Until then........

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Our group recently booked a weekend at the Country Inn in Winchester, Va. Speaking for the group I can say we all were very happy with everything about this hotel. From the staff to the rooms to the breakfast.

If we decide to return to the area this we be staying here again for sure. This was a great hotel for groups. The hotel GM was very accommodating and really worked with us to ensure the group was taken care of.

Room Tip: If you can book in advance and take advantage of the advance purchase price which can well below $80...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

And thank you as well for acknowledging my amazing staff. I am blessed to have the staff that I do.

I hope you will visit us again if your travels bring you to back to our area.

usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Planned on staying there as a midpoint on a trip to north carolina. Booked the room with reward points and it was actually free. Comfortable bed and quiet. Breakfast was good as well.Would stay there again--even if it wasn't free

Room Tip: asked for a quiet room and got it.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

I hope you will stay with us again should your travels bring you to our area.

Waterloo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The desk staff were extremely hospitable and helpful. The room was spotless and spacious. Breakfast was one of the best we had on our trip. Same owners have the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema next door that offers meals during the movie. Fun experience and decent food. What a bonus!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
CXWNVA, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, VA, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. I could not agree with you more in saying our staff is excellent. I say all the time I am blessed to have the staff that I do. They are all hard working, caring people who truly have the best interest of our guests at heart.

We look forward to you staying with us again in the future. Until then, have a wonderful Holiday Season!

Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

When we arrived about 8:30 PM we could not find a parking spot and had to wait about 10 minutes for someone to leave. The desk clerk explained that there was a meeting going on as well as an aerobics class. We had a room with a king size bed which was very comfortable. The room was large and spotless. Everyone working in this hotel was friendly and helpful. The A/C was a negative - noisy, and cold when on/stuffy when off. Because our room was at the end of the first floor we could hear kids running up and down the stairs (there were sports teams in the hotel) The wi-fi connection was rather cumbersome since you have to go through a third party vendor and then the hotel website to get to the internet. Water temperature for showers was an issue. It took a very long time for the water to get hot enough. The second morning I could not get cold water in the sink. The breakfast buffet was excellent. In addition to the normal items you would expect they provided scrambled eggs or omelets, sausage or bacon, potatoes or biscuits. The coffee was very good.
The location is convenient - at the I-81 interchange and a very quick ride into downtown Winchester. There are restaurants and shopping close to the hotel.

Room Tip: First floor end rooms are noisy due to people going up and down the stairs
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your honest feedback and sincerely hope that you will stay with us again should your travels bring you to our area. In the meantime, we hope you have a wonderful Holiday Season.

Ellen DePoy-Golden

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, VA? Share your experiences!