“Great location and amazing staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #4 of 27 hotels in Winchester
Waterloo
“Great location and amazing staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The desk staff were extremely hospitable and helpful. The room was spotless and spacious. Breakfast was one of the best we had on our trip. Same owners have the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema next door that offers meals during the movie. Fun experience and decent food. What a bonus!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
CXWNVA, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. I could not agree with you more in saying our staff is excellent. I say all the time I am blessed to have the staff that I do. They are all hard working, caring people who truly have the best interest of our guests at heart.

We look forward to you staying with us again in the future. Until then, have a wonderful Holiday Season!

202 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

When we arrived about 8:30 PM we could not find a parking spot and had to wait about 10 minutes for someone to leave. The desk clerk explained that there was a meeting going on as well as an aerobics class. We had a room with a king size bed which was very comfortable. The room was large and spotless. Everyone working in this hotel was friendly and helpful. The A/C was a negative - noisy, and cold when on/stuffy when off. Because our room was at the end of the first floor we could hear kids running up and down the stairs (there were sports teams in the hotel) The wi-fi connection was rather cumbersome since you have to go through a third party vendor and then the hotel website to get to the internet. Water temperature for showers was an issue. It took a very long time for the water to get hot enough. The second morning I could not get cold water in the sink. The breakfast buffet was excellent. In addition to the normal items you would expect they provided scrambled eggs or omelets, sausage or bacon, potatoes or biscuits. The coffee was very good.
The location is convenient - at the I-81 interchange and a very quick ride into downtown Winchester. There are restaurants and shopping close to the hotel.

Room Tip: First floor end rooms are noisy due to people going up and down the stairs
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your honest feedback and sincerely hope that you will stay with us again should your travels bring you to our area. In the meantime, we hope you have a wonderful Holiday Season.

Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We had booked this hotel online as our first night's base for our motorcycle road trip. After driving for 12 hrs, we arrived to a very welcoming and hospitable establishment. Check in was a breeze, the rooms were clean and it has a full breakfast included (with bacon, sausage etc!)
The front desk staff was very accommodating, the beds were clean and comfortable and the hotel was very quiet and restful.
It is in walking distance (2 minutes) to a few known restaurants (Outback, Subway and McDonald's) and has easy on/off highway access.
A very pleasant stay and I highly recommend it for weary travelers wanting to spend a restful night.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
CXWNVA, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel.
Weary travelers are our specialty and I am glad we were able to exceed your
expectations. I hope you will consider staying with us again should your travels
bring you back to the area.

Leesburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I purchased a night at the Country Inn & Suites on Priceline. You get what you pay for; the hotel staff was friendly, and the location was pretty convenient-- an Alamo Drafthouse right outside the door, and a few restaurants within walking distance. The breakfast was your typical continental breakfast... but I couldn't toast my bagel because the toaster was broken, and my husband said that his breakfast wasn't that great. Overall, not a bad experience in the least... but also, not great. This hotel is "average."

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
CXWNVA, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will visit again should your travels bring you back to the area.

Brighouse
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Stayed at this hotel on the last night of our vacation before returning to the UK from Dulles Airport, Washington which is about an hour's leisurely drive away. The reception staff were welcoming, professional and found us the perfect room for a good night's sleep before our long trip home. The room was large, very comfortable, clean and quiet. The bathroom was well appointed with clean, fluffy towels. We also made use of the business room to complete our online check in and to print our boarding passes for the following day's flight. The breakfast was above average with plenty of choice and is was great to have "proper" crockery and cutlery. There is a good choice of restaurants nearby. We would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
CXWNVA, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am thrilled to see you enjoyed your stay with us and sincerely hope you will visit again next time you are in the country!

Our best for a Happy Fall!

Huntersville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

Our room was flawless - nothing exceptional in the appointments but well laid out and furnished. The complementary breakfast is above average. There are several full- service restaurants within walking distance and the hotel is just off I-81.

• Stayed October 2012
CXWNVA, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your
stay with us and sincerely hope we will see you again when your travels bring you back to the area.

Roseland, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed in the wonderful hotel just this past weekend. We decided to get away for a "stay-cation" and try and have a romantic weekend for our anniversary. We decided to go to the whirl-pool 1 room suite. So I will start with the booking. We had tons of "stupid" questions and the lovely lady at the 1-800 # was very helpful and then later when we narrowed our choice down to just Winchester the lady at the front desk was also very nice and humored all our many questions. We called back several times and each time they remember us and were very pleasant to work with. We tried to book on-line and for whatever reason (probably user error :)!) were not able to successfully book on-line so yet again we called back. They were once again very nice and offered to book right then and there for us. We did not get our email with a confirmation number so being the worry wart that I am I started to panic, oh ye of little faith!!, so my husband called the lovely front desk lady back and yet again she was wonderful and quickly gave us our confirmation number over the phone and followed it up with an email as well.
On to the good part the actual trip! When we arrived in Winchester the hotel was a little confusing to find only because it is actually in a shopping center. Which I think confuses GPS systems. However, the hotel is beautiful. There is a lovely little fountain out front. There is ample free parking that somehow manages for all the spots to be close to the doors. We checked in with a great guy (Evan) he was very sweet and had lots of information for us on all the things to do around the hotel INCLUDING what time all the restaurants closed and what we could get for free at each one :). We went into out room to find a very large area that included a very comfortable California king bed and "mock" fireplace, you know one of those heaters that mimics a real fireplace for safety, a desk a fully stocked whirlpool area with fresh fluffy towels, and a lovely large bathroom with a big shower more fluffy towels and Pantene Pro V shampoos. The room was very tastefully decorated and not outdated at all. The blankets on the bed were all usable, anyone who has ever stayed at a large chain hotel knows what I mean when i say that! The sheets were soft and smelled nice, really clean, detergent with just a hint of bleach. The entire room was clean and smelled great.
I really only had two small complaints about the room:
1. O.K. so my husband and I are not small people but we are by no means huge. That whirlpool is not big enough for two people comfortably. Yes you can get in there and yes you can find a way to stay in there for awhile but you are very cramped and you cannot move. I think a more descriptive name would be "large jetted tub". It was still very nice to have it out in the room near the mock fireplace and we both enjoyed it very much. But I think people need to understand they are not getting a hot tub in their room for the night.
2. With the Whirlpool filled and going the room gets very humid. We had to open the window and keep the AC on the whole time just to keep the humidity down. They did have an air vent above the whirlpool but it did not look like an exhaust unit more like a HVAC vent.
Breakfast in the mornings is hot and is stocked and prepared by Polly. She is very pleasant and always sees to all your needs. She spoke to everyone and remembered people from the day before and it was amazing. Breakfast is also surprisingly good and yes it is a true hot breakfast bacon, eggs, sausage, hash browns, biscuits, waffles all in addition to the typical continental breakfast items.
Tara took excellent care of our room even on Saturday while we were our and they knew we were not checking out until the following day she came in and cleaned everything like a new guest was arriving. She even vacuumed! I hope this does not offend anyone but I was also pleasantly surprised to find that all the hotel employees were local people from the community. Basically what I am trying to say without being rude was that I could understand everyone I spoke with and they me.
The pool and jacuzzi where very nice and clean. The pool was warmed but not bath water. Just a very pleasant swimming temp that allowed you to more or less get right in.
Check-out was simple a quick. The lady was just a nice as all the others (unfortunately I did not get her name!) our bill was exactly what we had expected and we had a great comfortable weekend.
Also I forgot one other thing! I was packing in such a hurry that I forgot to bring a cork screw with us, so when we got to the hotel we could not open out nice wine we had brought to enjoy. On a whim I asked the front desk if they had one. Sure enough right behind the counter they had one!
Really this place is great! The people are great, the hotel is beautiful and clean and I would definitely stay there again. They made our anniversary trip perfect.

Room Tip: Whirlpool rooms are great but remember you will more than likely have to take turns! They are very...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and thank you even more for
the kind words. I am thrilled to hear we exceeded your expectations!

Perhaps it will become a tradition. We would love to have you each year!

Ellen DePoy-Golden

Been to Country Inn & Suites Winchester? Share your experiences!