“Nice Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #14 of 27 Hotels in Winchester
“Nice Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Very nice hotel, room was large and slept 5 comfortably. Staff was pleasant and friendly. Room had full kitchen with large refrigerator that was nice for traveling. Down side was no ice machine to refill cooler in the morning.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Bryans Road, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Fast check-in, employee was friendly. Room was as expected, generally clean and serviceable. Did not like room directly across from elevator, but wasn't bad after all. Only noticed noise in the morning when housekeeping rolled in. Did enjoy the free coffee in the main lobby area from a machine. Coffee was available 24/7.Location seemed convenient, close to numerous restaurants, shopping areas, and downtown Winchester. That was a plus.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Winchester, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear tryto82,

Thank you for writing a candid review about your recent stay with us. We are delighted to know that our location and amenities were suitable for the purpose of your travel. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our best to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Your comments regarding the noise disturbance from the housekeeping staff have been shared with the respective departments to ensure this type of situation does not reoccur.

As a valued guest, we appreciate all the feedback we receive as this is our best resource for improvement. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to serving you again.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Athens, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

We had a one night stay here while traveling North on Route 81. It is very close to the highway, easy on and off from the highway. This was our first stay at a Candlewood Suites; I think I expected it to be more upscale, but this is definitely a budget type hotel. Having said that, in comparison to other budget type hotels this was pretty good. Check in was a breeze, desk clerk was friendly. We had a pet which required a $12 (USD) service fee which I felt was very reasonable. Upon entering the room it seemed very stuffy and humid. Once we turned on the AC that dissipated and the room was fine. We had a junior suite, one room with two double beds, small kitchen and bathroom, kitchen bar with two chairs, recliner chair. Beds were very comfortable with nice linens. It was very quiet, could not hear anything from the hallway or other rooms. Everything was in good working order. Could see a few pet guests had done some chewing in the past on some items. Parking was plentiful and free. Did not use the exercise area. Overall, it was a good value for the money, no significant cons.

We did get pizza from a nearby pizzeria called Umberto's, which was located in a strip mall down the road. Great pizza and the other food items I saw when I went to pick up the pizza looked delicious.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Winchester, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear prance,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am very pleased to hear that your check- in went smooth and that you found our room clean and comfortable. It is always hugely motivating on our end to receive commendable feedback from our valued guests like you.

Thank you for your time and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again here in Winchester.

Best Regards,

John O
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

We have stayed here many times over the past 3-4 years. The experience is always the same. Efficient and friendly staff, a clean room and well maintained property. The beds are comfy and the property is dog friendly. We prefer to stay here when visiting Skyline Drive over staying in Front Royal. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Midway, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

I am so impressed with this Chain. Clean rooms, fantastic employees, prompt service and free laundry facilities! What's not to like? Candlewood is a chain of hotels along the lines of Extended Stay America, but a BIG step up. I even have a dishwasher in my room. The service has also been much better than I have received in most hotels I have stayed in. These days, it seems hotel employees don't get the meaning of "hospitality services". Candlewood Winchester does. I will seek out this chain again as we travel frequently and they have greatly impressed both of us.

Room Tip: We have a room across from the elevator which has been a bit noisy in the mornings.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

This is quickly becoming a popular stop for people heading South or North on the I81. If you plan on stopping here durning a holiday weekend, book ahead, it fills up fast.

You will always have a nice kitchenette with plates, cups, utensils, ect.

We've never been disappointed. However this time around we ended up with a dirty hand towel and only a couple of face towels. Almost felt like they were holding back on supplies. We had a King sized bed with ONLY 3 pillows (why?). And they no longer offer the complimentary beverage which they had done for the past 2 years.

Other than that the room was clean and very comfortable bed.

I still recommend this spot for the night.

Room Tip: Book ahead if you are traveling during a holiday weekend. This hotel fills up fast. If you wan...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Albany, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

I am a loyal IHG member (formerly Priority Club) and stayed here one evening on our way back from Florida on points. The hotel's parking lot is really too small, just surrounding the hotel, which wasn't a big problem but I think we got the last spot! The nighttime manager wasn't friendly at all, but we got into our room, which smelled like smoke and was supposed to be non-smoking. As others have said, there is a sort of weird smell to this whole hotel - not up to usual IHG standards. We were tired and just wanted to crash for the night, when we learned the toilet wasn't working. The nighttime manager was not helpful, although he did come by the room to check the toilet - he said there were no other rooms with two double beds. It's also a little disturbing that the hotel has the manager/front-desk person also handling maintenance! He came back a little while later and suddenly had another room - said someone had cancelled. Interesting, because this was about 9pm, and cancellation is usually 6pm! He gave us the keys, and we decided to move even though we had unpacked and were in our PJ's, but later he gave me a difficult time for not bringing the original keys and the luggage cart back down to the front desk - I know they can just deactivate the keys. We had just been forced to change rooms and move our luggage in our PJ's, and he gave us a hard time on that? When I questioned it and asked for a points refund, he became very nasty and told me if I had an issue that I could talk to the morning manager and he hung up on me - literally. Now, if you look at my other hotel reviews, I tend to post lots of great reviews, and I've stayed at a lot of IHG or Marriott hotels (like Holiday Inn, Courtyard) for one night on my way to vacation destinations - I rarely take the time to post about them but they are normally very good, and I often use points for these very commuter-type stays. I tend to post the more outstanding reviews of hotels, or once in a great while, a very negative review, and this is one of those few. The only reason I did not rate this hotel as terrible, is because the morning manager (who I assume is in charge) refunded my points and seemed sympathetic when I told him about my experience with the nighttime manager. Another couple standing at the front desk heard me, and said that same manager had given them a hard time too. There is no breakfast at this hotel either, and for 15,000 points, I was sure glad the manager did the right thing and refunded them.

Room Tip: I won't stay at this hotel again, but you might want to call and see what kind of reception you...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Winchester, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear BB4th,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club member and for leaving us a feedback. I was delighted to read that after initial issues you may have experienced in your room, our hotel manager was able to rectify the problem to your satisfaction. We will always endeavor to ensure that we do the right thing for all our guests. Our hotel is is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. It is our sincere regret that our facilities did not live up to your expectations in particular the bathroom maintenance. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience or discomfort it may have caused you. Your comments has been forwarded to the hotel management and we are confident they will take necessary actions to improve our guest satisfaction.

Lera P
IHGCare

Been to Candlewood Suites Winchester? Share your experiences!