We had a one night stay here while traveling North on Route 81. It is very close to the highway, easy on and off from the highway. This was our first stay at a Candlewood Suites; I think I expected it to be more upscale, but this is definitely a budget type hotel. Having said that, in comparison to other budget type hotels this was pretty good. Check in was a breeze, desk clerk was friendly. We had a pet which required a $12 (USD) service fee which I felt was very reasonable. Upon entering the room it seemed very stuffy and humid. Once we turned on the AC that dissipated and the room was fine. We had a junior suite, one room with two double beds, small kitchen and bathroom, kitchen bar with two chairs, recliner chair. Beds were very comfortable with nice linens. It was very quiet, could not hear anything from the hallway or other rooms. Everything was in good working order. Could see a few pet guests had done some chewing in the past on some items. Parking was plentiful and free. Did not use the exercise area. Overall, it was a good value for the money, no significant cons.
We did get pizza from a nearby pizzeria called Umberto's, which was located in a strip mall down the road. Great pizza and the other food items I saw when I went to pick up the pizza looked delicious.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Winchester, VA Hotel Offers Convenient Location The Candlewood Suites extended stay hotel in Winchester is the ideal choice for long-term travelers. We're conveniently located near Interstate 81 and the attractions of downtown Winchester, VA. Our hotel is only a short drive from a variety of attractions. The interactive Discovery Museum and the Old Court House Civil War Museum are just few of the many museums just miles from our hotel. Winchester's historic, downtown district is the perfect place to shop and see the history of the town, or you can head outdoors to explore the beautiful Shenandoah Valley area. Business travelers will benefit from our convenient location near American Woodmark, Rubbermaid, H.P. Hood, Kraft, Shenandoah University, Trex, Winchester Medical Center and other businesses in Winchester. Lodging here also gives you easy access to our 24-hour business center with copy, fax and print services. We go beyond the other hotels in Winchester to offer you the amenities extended stay travelers want, such as free laundry facilities, a Candlewood Cupboard convenience store and a 24-hour fitness center. Every suite features a fully equipped kitchen, triple-sheeted bedding, a 32' TV with a DVD player and a workspace with an over-sized desk, a speakerphone and free high-speed Internet access. Call today to learn more about the great deals available at our pet friendly, extended stay hotel in Winchester, Virginia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Candlewood Suites Winchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Winchester Hotel Winchester
- Candlewood Winchester
- Winchester Candlewood Suites