“Great Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 27 Hotels in Winchester
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

This was our second stay at this property. We chose it because it allows pets and the reviews were good. We agree with all the reviews. The rooms are clean and the service excellent. The elevator was broken a day during our stay as well but repaired quickly. If you're staying several days, keep in mind there is no housekeeping for the first week of your stay (you can exchange towels at the desk). At first I thought I wouldn't like that but quickly found that not to be an issue at all. There is no pool, etc so that might be a disappointment for those traveling with children. All the rooms have DVD players and nice TVs and there is a large library of DVDs in the lobby.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Bethlehem, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

clean - nice folks - pet friendly - we stayed one night, but with the kitchen and all utensils in every room we could have stayed a week The fitness center looked nice, but we did not use it, The public access computer worked very well.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Manchester, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

I recently spent one night in Winchester to visit an old high school friend. I was traveling from one locale to another and had my dogs in tow. I compared a list of all the dog friendly hotels in the area with their TA reviews and decided upon this one. I think the good reviews are on target. The hotel was clean, bed was comfortable, the front desk staff was friendly and they are very accommodating to travelers with dogs (up to 2 dogs, no more than 80 pounds, small fee). Would highly recommend for anyone looking for a good overnight in Winchester, particularly those traveling with their canine family members.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

I've stayed at several Candlewood Suites around the US, and this one is a good one. We chose this hotel because it allows pets, but we ended up not needing to bring our pets along. Our family had two rooms. The rooms were clean and attractive. The kitchenettes were not really used, but it is nice to have a fridge to keep food and drinks and any leftover meals.
The beds were very comfortable - the key issue, really, for me. For once, I did not bring my laptop, but ended up having to use the single computer in the lobby. Adequate for my needs.
The lobby is small, but that's okay with me.
The location was very good - convenient to the university where we attended a graduation.
Very good pricing for this type of set up. You are not paying luxury prices, so don't expect luxury bath items or a fancy lobby. But the beds are great and the rooms are fine!
I recommend this hotel, especially if you need a kitchen.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Medina, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011

Stopped at the Candlewood with my wife and 3 young kids on our way to the Outer Banks. Got the one bedroom suite with kitchenette and the room was very large, comfortable, and spacious. While we did not stay long, the kitchenette was nice to cook up some microwave dinners. Room was very clean and beds were very comfortable. The issue we had was that the elevator was broken and with 3 young kids they put us on the 4th (top) floor. Also the shower water pressure was very very high was almost uncomfortable. Otherwise it was a very nice stay.

Overall, this as a good hotel. We were able to get a friends and family rate, which made it better. If we were to pay full price, we would have probably stayed somewhere else, since we were only staying the one night.

Room Tip: Google friends and family rate code.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

My mother and I stayed here, because it was the most pet friendly hotel we could find. The rooms were nice, and exactly what we needed. Everything was very neat and clean. Overall, we enjoyed our stay at Candlewood. However, a few hours after we had checked out, I realized that I had left behind my nice, woolen pea coat behind in the closet of our room... I called to see if it had been reported as found, and they said that it had not. The front desk manager said that he would run back to the room to check for me, and he found that the room had already been cleaned by housekeeping and that there was no sign of my coat! I have called for the past several days, and my coat still has not turned up. The staff has assured me that I must be mistaken, and is rude every time that I speak with them. I know that they are free from responsibility of anything left behind, but still, isn't it just a courtesy to hold on to something if it is found? Especially something expensive?! I will never stay here again, solely due to the fact that I feel that I couldn't trust the staff. I was truly disappointed in their lack of character displayed throughout this entire ordeal.

• Stayed December 2010
Hampton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2010

This was my second stay at a Candlewood property and I only have good things to say about my experiences. The building felt very new and clean and the beds are really comfortable. The fact that the rooms have full kitchens make this place an excellent value. Additionally they are pet friendly and the staff was very nice. Candlewood will be my first choice wherever I stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo

Been to Candlewood Suites Winchester? Share your experiences!