“Excellent. 10 out of 10” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #16 of 27 Hotels in Winchester
Lebanon, Virginia
“Excellent. 10 out of 10”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Our one night stay was about as perfect as one could expect. The hallways, common areas and the room were all spotless. The bed was very comfortable and the room was well furnished. Okay, maybe a recliner chair would have been much appreciated but, even so, the room was fine. And, like most Marriott personnel, the staff here was first class. THAT is the main reason my preferred hotel is any Marriott property.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Phoenix
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

had to stay here for a family event. Bed was very hard and pillows were super soft and had no support. This is how my stay went: Got to room, keys did not work, but this was fixed. My sheers in my room were torn. Then I had a bug in my room. My toilet seat was loose and I told them to fix it and they made an attempt, but apparently the seat was broken because it got loose again almost immediately. It needed to be replaced. When I placed towels on the floor to be replaced, they were not replaced. Only stayed 3 nights.

The a/c worked GREAT! Would not stay here again; no free b;fast, but they provide free coffee/tea 24/7. I would bet there are other better options in Winchester. Front desk staff was friendly, but the experiences in my room were not to par.

Room Tip: The North side facing the highway was noisy with sirens (hospital) and trucks downgearing to stop...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

The facility is very clean and staff very helpful. ..is in the process of renovation. ..I look forward to staying again after it is complete. Breakfast was very good...a few notches above other chains...keep up the good work!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Oakland, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

I can't tell you in words how much I love this hotel but I'll try. The hospitality that you feel the second you walk in is amazing! Nice lobby and smiling people behind the front desk. What more can you ask for. I've stayed here multiple times. I've started calling all Marriott hotels before staying to confirm special requests like beds, floor choice and other things. Here you will get what they promise. Talked to a maintenance guy that graciously helped my get back in my room after I left the safety lock in place and went out the adjoining room door. That was a first. He was so nice and reported that the whole hotel is being renovated. It is in need of a refresh but it's clean and the employees are the best I've ever seen at any Marriott.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the backside of the hotel. The road in front (thought not directly in front) can b...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Beaufort, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

The staff was very nice, and the place was clean as a whistle. I agree with one post that mentioned the bed was a wee bit hard, but as tired as I was, I slept well. Breakfast was not included, but very good, though a tad high in price. The bar was open, and the bartender was a hoot, and she made a great libation. All in all, I would stay again. I hope they do get some more comfortable beds, though.

Room Tip: try to get a room on the back side-away from the highway, as you can hear the trucks shifting a lot...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Atlanta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

I really hate to write a negative review for Marriott as they are my preferred brand whenever I travel. With over 800 nights at Marriott hotels, I'm very happy with the brand itself.

The staff at this courtyard was very nice and accommodating. Unfortunately, the new management has severely cut back the offerings. The hotel needs updating in the rooms. My window would not completely close- luckily the weather wasn't too cold or hot. Breakfast is no longer included in the rate. We walked down to the bar after dinner and found the selections so limited, that guests brought their own. Apparently, the new management wants to offer less service and amenities for more money.

As much as I love Marriott hotels in general, I recommend you stay elsewhere until new management is found. The staff is lovely, but limited by management's disregard for customers and staff alike.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
West Des Moines, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

The second worst Courtyard I have stayed at. When I checked in my trash was not emptied, so I had someone else's trash. Also the coffee pot was not cleaned out, there was still a bit of brown water to swirl around the bottom. Housekeeping also had provided two conditioners in the room instead of shampoo and conditioner. It took two trips down to the lobby and two room deliveries to get a shampoo.

It's an older feeling Courtyard, the drawers had bits of dust and debris in them (tiny piece of paper and clothing tags from a different guest). There is no Bistro yet, and they still offer lobby coffee.

I checked out the next morning and went to a newer hotel near the mall.

Stayed May 2014

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Winchester? Share your experiences!