“What's one thing you look for on a getaway with a small child?” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast!
Ranked #15 of 27 Hotels in Winchester
Redondo Beach, California
“What's one thing you look for on a getaway with a small child?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Cleanliness and this is not what I found here at the Winchester Medical Center Courtyard. I took a trip to the Shenandoah Valley with my husband and our toddler. I prefer Marriott products because of the expectation of cleanliness. Check in was average. Location was average,but when we got to the room- there were big orange stains all over the side of the mattress. Huge white stains on the blue shower curtain, and orange stains outside the the toilet. We checked in so late and my son was asleep, or else I would have switched rooms. We checked out bright and early in the morning! I would not recommend this place nor stay here again!!!!

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Kissimmee, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I prefer Courtyards. I will always stay at a Courtyard if available. Except here!
Oh its clean - its comfortable - its a nice place... if you like feeling scammed.

I thought every Courtyard had a restaurant - well, I was wrong. After looking forward to a glass of wine and some dinner at the hotel - after a long drive with little kids in tow - I get there just after 6 (to late to cancel) only to find there is no restaurant, and the bar is closed!

Did they say this on the web site - nope! No, they did not mislead me, but when your brand is built on a certain aspect - and your expectations are built on that - to find you found a Courtyard that has not yet "upgraded" according to the hostess - well - I felt scammed....

I would have canceled and gone down the road to the Holiday Inn if it had been just 30 minutes earlier... so, if your looking for a Courtyard - don't stay here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Martinez, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed here on a family trip. Had a suite, it was spacious. We asked and recieved a baby crib. It was clean overall. The only thing I didn't like was the coffee maker...But it really was a nice place, and omaybe return there in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Friendly greeting at check-in, very quick and professional. Room was decent sized, window was large and let in plenty of light, but the view was the a/c units for the hotel. Bed and pillows were comfortable. TV was old and oddly placed, but we didn't spend too much time watching it. Room was very quiet - didn't hear neighbors or hall traffic. Would have liked a refrigerator in the room and the landscaping leaves a lot to be desired. Small tub. Would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Greenville, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

I am a frequent Marriott guest so when traveling it was a logical choice. The hotel itself was clean and had the new lobby. The room was a typical courtyard room. The reason for the poor rating is due to a malfunction of the showers on my entire floor, and handling by the staff. The morning of my departure I turned on the water in the shower and had a trickle. I called downstairs and was told others on my floor had complained. So I was left with no choice but to wash up in the sink before hitting the road for a 6 hour drive. When I complained upon checkout I received an apology and no form of compensation for my room. It is convenient to I81 and the hospital but before booking check if showers on 5th floor are working or request lower floors.

• Stayed June 2013
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

One of the better Courtyards I have stayed in as it is fairly new. Service in restaurant is wonderful. Food is decent and not overly pricey. Hotel was clean and tastefully decorated. Easy check-in and easy check-out..highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I can only fault myself for not researching the area surrounding the hotel. The dinning options in the immediate area are extremely limited! Overall this hotel is clean, well maintained, and has excellent service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Winchester? Share your experiences!