“Very Nice Hotel!!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Winchester

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Ewing, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

This beautiful historic property with its Grand Ballroom, showcased with elegantly draped floor- to-ceiling windows, crystal chandeliers and fine bone china, conveys an era of gilded grandeur. The original marble floors, elevators and even the "letter box," continuously owned and operated by the US Postal Service since the opening of the original hotel, all help to sweep us into the fantasy of the golden ages of yesteryear.

I enjoyed just about everything the hotel has to offer: a soak in the spa, a dip in the pool, a delicious breakfast in The Dancing Goat Restaurant and the best flourless chocolate torte I have ever had in The Half Note Lounge just off the main lobby before retiring for the evening.

The rooms are comfortable and well-appointed in a way that does not detract from the historic charm of the original hotel rooms. I was fortunate to stay in an Executive Suite and although it was August, I couldn't help but take advantage of the beautiful gas fireplace in the living room!

We are hoping to make this the venue for our daughter's upcoming wedding reception and the Director of Sales couldn't be more helpful. If we are lucky enough to have all of the details work out, we will be quite proud to invite our guests to such a beautiful property!

Room Tip: I peeked in several as I was leaving and they all look really nice. I kind of like the sunnier east...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

I stayed here for just one night in early July on my way to NY from NC to visit family. I booked this hotel for an incredible deal on a popular online hotel bid site. This hotel went above and beyond what I was expecting! I had a beautiful, immaculate, king size room with historic city views and an incredible breakfast the next morning in their restaurant. I wish I had more time to stay to use the pool and spa. Will definitely plan a trip again to Winchester just so that I can stay at this hotel again. I have been a world traveler for quite some time; this was the best service that I have received in years. I used their valet service so I didn't have to worry about parking; it was only five dollars plus tips and was well worth it. Upon check in that evening I asked if I could have a bathrobe for my room; the woman the front desk was more than happy to have one delivered to my room. After a hot bath and a ice cream brownie sundae in my room I ordered from room service, I had a great nights sleep and was refreshed and ready the next morning to get back on the road. I can't wait to return for what I am sure will be another great stay in this beautiful, historic hotel!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

This is a renovated hotel property that gives the look and feel of once more glamorous time. The rooms are well done and the lobby area and surrounding ballroom, etc are nicely appointed and take you back in time. The parking is a little limited, but they don't charge any more for valet parking as if you self park in their lot. I did valet one evening because their lot was filled and asked the next morning for my car to be brought to the parking lot entrance of the hotel. After a considerable wait I went back into the hotel and spotted my vehicle sitting out front. The music can be a little loud on a weekend night so I would recommend asking for a room on a high floor and away from the bar area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor and away from the bar area.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to The George Washington Hotel? Share your experiences!