“Excellent Stay for a Tired Traveler” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Winchester
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Excellent Stay for a Tired Traveler”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

I stayed here for just one night in early July on my way to NY from NC to visit family. I booked this hotel for an incredible deal on a popular online hotel bid site. This hotel went above and beyond what I was expecting! I had a beautiful, immaculate, king size room with historic city views and an incredible breakfast the next morning in their restaurant. I wish I had more time to stay to use the pool and spa. Will definitely plan a trip again to Winchester just so that I can stay at this hotel again. I have been a world traveler for quite some time; this was the best service that I have received in years. I used their valet service so I didn't have to worry about parking; it was only five dollars plus tips and was well worth it. Upon check in that evening I asked if I could have a bathrobe for my room; the woman the front desk was more than happy to have one delivered to my room. After a hot bath and a ice cream brownie sundae in my room I ordered from room service, I had a great nights sleep and was refreshed and ready the next morning to get back on the road. I can't wait to return for what I am sure will be another great stay in this beautiful, historic hotel!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

This is a renovated hotel property that gives the look and feel of once more glamorous time. The rooms are well done and the lobby area and surrounding ballroom, etc are nicely appointed and take you back in time. The parking is a little limited, but they don't charge any more for valet parking as if you self park in their lot. I did valet one evening because their lot was filled and asked the next morning for my car to be brought to the parking lot entrance of the hotel. After a considerable wait I went back into the hotel and spotted my vehicle sitting out front. The music can be a little loud on a weekend night so I would recommend asking for a room on a high floor and away from the bar area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor and away from the bar area.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Nellysford, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Great service in old world charm. Stately old hotel had modern face lift. Service was great. AtmosPhere was classy and classic.Easy walk to activities in Winchester. The restaurant uPstairs had jazz and the one downstairs had a wonderful meeting room. Parking was convenient.

Room Tip: Shower, not tub.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Rochester,NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Booked a room via online bid site and got it for way less than their advertised rates. The hotel was nice, the snooty little 20-something kid named Keith at the desk was annoying, and the rooms were clean. I'd definitely stay again, but at 100/night or less. No more.

• Stayed July 2014

Been to The George Washington Hotel? Share your experiences!