“Another great stay at Old Waterstreet Inn” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Old Waterstreet Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Winchester
Old Waterstreet Inn
You added Old Waterstreet Inn to your Saves list
217 W. Boscawen St, Winchester, VA 22601   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Winchester B&B and Inns
Springfield, Virginia
“Another great stay at Old Waterstreet Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2010

We very much enjoyed another pleasant 3-night stay at the Old Waterstreet Inn. My wife and I felt like just getting away from our daily grind, remembered our 2009 stay, and chose this comfortable Bed&Breakfast in the heart of Winchester. We loved the warm hospitality of Jeannie and her husband and even joined them for hot cider in front of the wood-burning fireplace in the downstairs lounge while they decorated the Guest House's Christmas tree.. Our own room also had a wonderful fireplace which was very cozy after dinner and coming in from the cold outside. Jeannie was always available when needed, ensuring the most comfortable stay possible. We plan to return during a warmer season to enjoy the inviting guest house patio for breakfast. Even though this was our second visit to Winchester, we discovered many new shops and great restaurants. It's a great town to visit, this is the perfect place to stay, and it's not too far from the DC area. Highly recommended!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

We stayed at the Inn as part of a present from our children. The inn itself was warm and comfortable, as good as any we have stayed at. I cannot say enough about Jeannie. She is a wonderful hostess and her suggestions made our stay in Winchester memorable.

NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

My husband and I spent one night at the Old Waterstreet Inn on our way back home from a meeting near Washington, DC. My husband surprised me when he announced that he had made a reservation at a B&B in Winchester. (He is a business traveler and a B&B is outside his comfort zone of Hilton Garden Inns etc :) ) As we were driving in from Route 7 the surroundings changed into a quaint "old towne" feel with charming buildings and beautiful old churches. When we found the B&B, we had easy on-street parking (even though there is a parking lot in the back). The B&B is beautiful inside and out; it looks like it's right out of a magazine. We stayed in the suite that is in the upstairs of the house. I can't say enough about how warm and inviting the room felt - we loved it.

Check in was as easy as calling the Inn keeper and letting her know what time we'd be there. She was warm and friendly as she showed us around the house and also gave us tips on where we were planning to go that night.

The Inn is about three blocks from a pedestrian street that is full of restaurants, shops, and pubs. It was convenient to be able to walk to the restaurant and not have to drive. The location of the inn is perfect because you are close to almost anything that you want to do.

Breakfast the next day was unbelievable. The inn keeper was cheerful and very gracious. We had fruit and then French toast and sausage. The food was wonderful! As other guests came in; she was able to give all the different couples the attention that we needed. My husband and I even needed to leave while others were still having breakfast (she had a full house) and she was kind enough to go and check us out.

Overall, we loved the B&B and will definitely stay there again. We didn't get to see that much of the area (the old town area) but what we did see was very cute and definitely worth a second trip. We had a wonderful night at the Old Waterstreet Inn.

Harrisonburg, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2010

Very pretty place and nicely decorated. That'sa about it on the plus side.

Jeannie, the owner and InnKeeper operates the place with the primary objective of minimizing her time servicing the guests. You are sternly asked when you make a reservation to state your arrival time (so that she does not have to wait around for people I guess). Once we arrived, we were given about 5 min of face time with Jeannie, and then got sight of her the rest of the evening. We had no way of getting some ice that we wanted in the room later that eve. Too much trouble I suppose.

Incredibly, Jeannie asks you to schedule your time for breakfast the night before. It seems that Jeannie wants to reduce her cooking time, and save money by avoiding hiring staff by jamming all guests into a short morning breakfast period. We refused to pick a time even though she left a note on our bed when we were having dinner to please select a time for breakfast. The next morning when I got up to out to the car, Jeannie followed me out to ask when we wanted to eat. I finally told her, and explained to her that we were not happy about adhering to a schedule on a leisurely night away. She brought out a small egg dish of some kind and disappeared. I had to chase her down to ask for a bit of OJ.

I've had much friendlier service at an EconoLodge and better food at a Waffle House. At least Jeannie can watch a bit more TV operating the place as she does. We won't be back.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
bbjeanne, Owner at Old Waterstreet Inn, responded to this review, November 14, 2010
I won't respond to this review in detail, since I think that all of the other reviews speak for themselves. I will say a few things though - this was the fourth time they stayed with us. Also, most small b&bs do have a breakfast time period. We serve breakfast between 8:30 - 9:30, anytime during that time, except when we have 8-10 guests. Then we ask guests to sign up for a 20 minute period during which they'll come to the table. I am often alone making and serving breakfast, and this makes it a more relaxing experience for both the guests and myself to space it out a bit. When guests talk to us about their needs we certainly try to accomodate them. Please do read the other reviews to get a consistent picture of our guests experience.
charlotte nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

My husband and I stayed here as a stop on the way back home to shorten the ride, so we weren't able to fully enjoy all amenities. However, Jeannie and Erik have one of the most beautiful and comfortable B&Bs. They were extremely accommodating when we were running late getting to the B&B that evening, which we really appreciate, and it was great that they provided restaurant information in advance, so we knew exactly where to go. We took a quick walk to the main center of town after we arrived and had a great dinner. The Cottage Suite upstairs was huge, and the bed and bedding was sooo comfortable that we were asleep when our heads hit the pillows! We had plenty of heat and hot water, and the breakfast was scrumptious. We plan to return to explore Winchester and will stay again at this B&B. Thanks Jeannie & Erik!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

Old Waterstreet Inn was fantastic. My wife and I stayed on an anniversary trip and Jeannie and Erik made it that much more special. The house is beautiful and located right near the pedestrian only down town. Our room was clean and bright, and featured a private porch overlooking the garden. The bed was very comfortable. Jeannie's breakfast was delicious. She made some great recommendations for local eateries and took care of our dinner reservations for us. This was our first experience with a Bed and Breakfast and it was wonderful!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Blacksburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

The room was fantastic as was the food and our host. They've got something very good going out there!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Old Waterstreet Inn? Share your experiences!