The hotel served it's purpose well. A good priced place to stay that had a pool for my nephew to swim that was close to family for a night stay. Requested an early check in, and when we arrived at noon the agent looked in the computer and told us a room was ready. Only encountered her and the check out agent, but both were very nice!
The room was nice and clean for the 5 of us. 2 double beds (little hard), pull out sofa (actually quite comfy!), plus three chairs. Plenty of seating which was nice. TV could be seen from couch, but would be better to be more in the middle of the room. Mini fridge (that had some drinks from previous people still in it), and microwave beside "living" area.
The pool area was great. Decent sized pool for a hotel, and a great hot tub. My nephew (as well as us) had a great time in it. Stocked with towels, enough chairs, and a restroom for convenience.
Breakfast was good. Cheese omelets, gravy and biscuits, sausage, bread, pancake maker (cakes were surprisingly good), juice, coffee, yogurt, cereal, milk and a few other things. The food was good, and perfect for our needs.
A few things right there. Italian restaurant across the street, as well as a Sheetz/Arby's right out front, and Mcdonalds down that road a 1/2 mile or so. There were a few other things around, but that's really all that I remember standing out to me.
If we are ever in need of a hotel in the area again, we'll surely stay here. Was a ittle annoyed by the drinks in the fridge as I wonder just how clean things are (if they can't even open the door to look in it), but we didn't really notice any other non clean areas (some peeling wallpaper, but nothing major). The pool, convenience, and friendliness makes this place a nice place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Winchester, VA is located at the north end of town only 2 miles from Interstate 81. Positioned in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley, our award-winning hotel offers 81 over sized rooms including 25 suites. With focus on both the business & leisure traveler, the Holiday Inn Express & Suites offers something for everyone. Our hotel offers an indoor heated pool with Jacuzzi, fitness center, business center, and the complimentary Express Start breakfast. This Winchester hotel is located 2 miles from the Historic District. Here you can enjoy local eateries such as Cork St. Tavern, Village Square & Violinos, along with museums, galleries and antique shops. We are also within 10 minutes of the Apple Blossom Mall, The Museum of the Shenandoah Valley, George Washington s & Stonewall Jackson Headquarters and Abrams Delight. Within 30 minutes you can take in the splendor of the Shenandoah National Park, Berkley Springs & Harpers Ferry, WV . You can also enjoy rounds of golf at Rock Harbor & Cacapon. If you are on business, this Winchester hotel is only mile from Winchester Medical Center, Trex and SU Pharmacy School. Within 10 minutes of FEMA, FBI Records Division, National Fruit, Crown Cork & Seal, Kraft, Quebecor, Pactiv, Greenbay Packaging, Home Depot & Valley Proteins. Play hard and Stay Smart with the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Winchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Winchester
- Holiday Inn Express Winchester
- Holiday Inn Winchester
- Winchester Holiday Inn