En route from Myrtle Beach to Ontario, Canada, we stayed one night at the Holiday Inn Express in Winchester, VA. The hotel is reasonably priced, with clean rooms and facilities, helpful service and no lingering cigarette smoke odours.
The location is right off the highway, and about five minutes from the historical downtown area. So it's easy to check out a little history, sample the local restaurants and be back on your way the next morning.
We had good intentions to use the pool and hot tub - which looked clean and inviting - but after more than 8 hours on the road, felt too tired to use them. Next time, perhaps.
The included breakfast offers good quality and choices, in a comfortable setting.
One small complaint - we asked for advice on dining, and were directed to the old downtown - an easy 5-minute drive from the hotel. What they didn't tell us is that the 18th-century village square in under serious construction. It looked like Union artillery had laid waste to the area in an attempt to rout Stonewall Jackson's confederates. It made it tough to navigate, as well as killing the town's charm. Wish we'd known in advance.
Apparently it's all going to be ready, however, for Winchester's upcoming Cherry Blossom Festival. So plan on a spring visit and experience the best of Winchester.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Winchester, VA is located at the north end of town only 2 miles from Interstate 81. Positioned in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley, our award-winning hotel offers 81 over sized rooms including 25 suites. With focus on both the business & leisure traveler, the Holiday Inn Express & Suites offers something for everyone. Our hotel offers an indoor heated pool with Jacuzzi, fitness center, business center, and the complimentary Express Start breakfast. This Winchester hotel is located 2 miles from the Historic District. Here you can enjoy local eateries such as Cork St. Tavern, Village Square & Violinos, along with museums, galleries and antique shops. We are also within 10 minutes of the Apple Blossom Mall, The Museum of the Shenandoah Valley, George Washington s & Stonewall Jackson Headquarters and Abrams Delight. Within 30 minutes you can take in the splendor of the Shenandoah National Park, Berkley Springs & Harpers Ferry, WV . You can also enjoy rounds of golf at Rock Harbor & Cacapon. If you are on business, this Winchester hotel is only mile from Winchester Medical Center, Trex and SU Pharmacy School. Within 10 minutes of FEMA, FBI Records Division, National Fruit, Crown Cork & Seal, Kraft, Quebecor, Pactiv, Greenbay Packaging, Home Depot & Valley Proteins. Play hard and Stay Smart with the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Winchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Winchester
- Holiday Inn Express Winchester
- Holiday Inn Winchester
- Winchester Holiday Inn