I booked this hotel because of the indoor pool and requested a room near the pool. Glad we did because on the second night, our toilet broke and we had to use the restroom in the pool area. We got in around 12:30 am, exhausted from a family party on Christmas Eve. I didn't call about it because I figured that even if they sent someone to fix it, we would have to stay up and wait for a plumber and stay up while he fixed it. In the morning when I asked for a refund for the last night, the clerk fussed at me for not calling, even though I explained the reason why not. They also tried to charge me $10 over the price I booked the room at. She said there was nothing she could do, but at my insistence, she changed the price and gave us half off the room. The beds weren't comfortable, but the pool was great and we really enjoyed the breakfast buffet. The front desk people were very friendly and efficient with the exception of this one person who didn't exactly ruin our experience, but she certainly didn't add to it. Hey lady, it's not MY fault you had to work on Christmas Day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Winchester, VA is located at the north end of town only 2 miles from Interstate 81. Positioned in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley, our award-winning hotel offers 81 over sized rooms including 25 suites. With focus on both the business & leisure traveler, the Holiday Inn Express & Suites offers something for everyone. Our hotel offers an indoor heated pool with Jacuzzi, fitness center, business center, and the complimentary Express Start breakfast. This Winchester hotel is located 2 miles from the Historic District. Here you can enjoy local eateries such as Cork St. Tavern, Village Square & Violinos, along with museums, galleries and antique shops. We are also within 10 minutes of the Apple Blossom Mall, The Museum of the Shenandoah Valley, George Washington s & Stonewall Jackson Headquarters and Abrams Delight. Within 30 minutes you can take in the splendor of the Shenandoah National Park, Berkley Springs & Harpers Ferry, WV . You can also enjoy rounds of golf at Rock Harbor & Cacapon. If you are on business, this Winchester hotel is only mile from Winchester Medical Center, Trex and SU Pharmacy School. Within 10 minutes of FEMA, FBI Records Division, National Fruit, Crown Cork & Seal, Kraft, Quebecor, Pactiv, Greenbay Packaging, Home Depot & Valley Proteins. Play hard and Stay Smart with the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Winchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Winchester
- Holiday Inn Express Winchester
- Holiday Inn Winchester
- Winchester Holiday Inn