“Best experience ever” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Baltimore, Maryland
“Best experience ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Was a little hesitant when we walked in but Perry certainly put those fears to rest. One of the best experiences I have ever had at a restaurant. Food was fantastic, and staff even better. Loved sampling all of his homemade items (yes, even the collared greens). Loved the fact that all items were fresh. No frozen, prepacked food here. Can't wait to return.

• Visited March 2014

Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Perry is a treasure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

My daughter and I enjoyed our breakfast at Just Like Grandma's IMMENSELY! This tiny diner is run by Perry, the chef/owner who has a real talent for serving up a delicious morning meal. We followed his recommendations and he didn't steer us wrong; the local sausage was excellent, the french toast was delicious and the fried apples were divine! Definitely worth a stop if you are in Winchester, you won't be disappointed!

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Austin, Texas
“Fun, Old School Diner...Check it out if you're in Winchester!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I brought my kids over here for breakfast on a recent trip to Winchester, we really enjoyed our visit. The place is pretty small, all the seats are stools right up at the counter (and there aren't very many). There were a couple people eating as we came in, and several folks came in for coffee or take-out as we ate. The staff was great, they clearly have a strong "local" customer base but they were chatty and friendly with my kids, helping them decide on what to order.

I had a breakfast sandwich and my kids had french toast, which the chef cut up into sticks for the kids. I got a to-go fruit cup for my wife, and when they heard she didn't like kiwi they went out and got a fresh peach to use instead. It was all very tasty.

I don't know that I'll make it back to Winchester soon, but if I do I'll be sure to visit this place for breakfast again!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
east coast
“Friendly small town diner w/great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Friendly small town diner w/great food. Chef/owner Perry was cooking delicious bfasts & providing just the right amount of conversation to make my family feel like eating here was an experience & not just bfast. From the sausage recommended by 2 other diners sitting on stools next to us to sampling the egg nog bundt cake that just came out of the oven, this place is a gem. Wish we were here for Friday night fish fry...we will be back next time in town! And look forward to their cookbook!!

• Visited November 2013
Virginia
“Wow! What a Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I just loved this place--from the food to the owner Perry who cooked our food. Almost all of the seating is at the counter and it is a small place. It is not exactly the place for a dieter although there is something for everyone. We ate breakfast and I had grits and a breakfast sandwich on bacon cheese biscuits! Out of this world. Good place for people watching too! And Perry has a great story. Ask to see his Grandma's cookbook!

Visited October 2013