“Perfect cuppa” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Stephens City, Virginia
“Perfect cuppa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Just opened!!! In a historic location on National register of historic places, once called "Homespun". Beautiful 18th century interior, feels like you are time travelling once you cross the threshold. old wooden floors, cozy rooms w/ low ceilings. Ambience like this can't be recreated. Make reservations since it has a small staff and they will need to ready for you to provide the best service for you. Walk ins are accepted if there is room. They did allow some walk ins when I was there, and please people- know this is a tea house not a cafe. They asked for coffee and was very unimpressed w/ the idea of having tea. I had reserved in advance for me and my husband to have afternoon tea. It was fabulous!!! I have had tea in a lot of locations around the world, including England- and this was one of the best experiences i have ever had. The server was friendly and well educated, the menu had every type of tea imaginable, the food was really good. No complaints from me( and I would tell you for sure). My husband is new to the tea world and was really loving it too, it was his idea to go to have a relaxing few hours. He was just a little, only a little, put out w/ the tea pots cozies. There were floral in design and he wished his was more masculine. I loved mine, it was decorated w/ pansies. The plates and cups were a really nice design too, with a scene of coaches and horses just like their name. I will be coming back and bringing more people too. It was lovely and well done. I forgot to mention that I had the choice of going there or going into DC for tea and I chose wisely and picked here. I won't be going to DC for tea anytime soon..

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

100% Recommend
Berkeley Springs WV
“Tea Room for Winchester in historic house...very nice!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

Great atmosphere and food! Winchester really needed this. Large selections of tea, hot and iced. Located in one of Winchesters oldest homes providing the best place for an english tea room. Prices are very reasonable and portions of english fare are large. Also, available by reservation, are tiered trays full of assorted tea sandwiches, fruits, scones, sweets and more. Will definately be returning often with friends and family! You may want to make reservations...they only had one table not reserved when we went.