“Good value for the money” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #14 of 27 hotels in Winchester
Pennsylvania
“Good value for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

Arrived early and had our room ready as requested. Room was clean and for the most part comfortable; I have a bad back so I find it difficult to find a comfortable bed at any Marriott, the ONLY chain I choose to frequent when away from home. Very close to historic downtown Winchester, and approximately 40 minutes to other historic places, Charles Town, WV and Harpers Ferry, WV. Very nice continental breakfast. I would stay at this facility again if in the area.

Lots of restaurants within eye sight of hotel, Cracker Barrel, IHop. Golden Coral, Steakhouse and many others within 1/2 mile.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

228 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Vacaville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2010

When in Winchester, VA this is the best hotel in town. It is conveniently located near several restaurants, shopping, and Shenandoah University. Rooms are spacious, quiet , and clean. Indoor pool and spa is clean and conveniently located. Staff is friendly, very accommodating, and ready to help with any need. Parking is spacious, continental breakfast is always fresh, and business center is convenient.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2009

This hotel was ok. My wife and I were in town for a wedding with our 14 month old son which limits our options. We needed a hotel that offered suites (or big enough rooms that were divided) so we could put him in his pack-and-play on one side of the room at night and allow us to stay up and watch tv, read, or chat on the other side. Most hotels in the area couldn't offer a room big enough for this or didn't offer cribs/pack-and-plays (call ahead to any hotel to make sure as we've been burned on this before when booking online). I booked a regular room thinking it was big enough but upon calling I spoke with the manager of the hotel who assured me it would not serve our purpose, but offered to upgrade us to a suite for the "senior rate". I jumped at that because other hotels in the area offering suites were running $115 plus, whereas this was $85. Room was average and served its purpose but was not serviced but once in the four days we stayed. And the day it was serviced they took all of our towels and didn't replace them. I had to go to the front desk twice to ask for towels (first time was told they were laundering towels and it would be 30 minutes and they'd bring them up). Only other negative comment would be the drinking water...it is rancid (and i'm not overplaying this)...bring your own or run to the wal-mart around the corner (I heard several guests complaining about this). On the positive side, breakfast was free and good. Cookies were made fresh each night at the front desk. Rooms and common areas were clean. Staff was friendly and generally helpful. Overall, again, the hotel is average. Would stay again if we came back, but would try a different hotel if the rates were better.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2009

Room was clean and quiet. Staff friendly. Reasonable breakfast. Little expensive. Great buffet place right across the road.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2009

I have stayed at this hotel for the three years now ... and I will probably not come back. There are other hotels in the area (there is a brand new Holiday Inn just down the street) that must have better service than this one. All in all, it's just like all of the other Fairfields ... nothing to write home about.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
new jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2009

Hotel was nice and clean but customer service was bad. At 6:30am, the fire alarms went off due to water damage. After being in the lobby for over 2 hours we foun out that our room had water damage . They never offered to move us to another room. You had to wear shoes in order to walk around not to mention that my sister slipped going into the bathroom due to the water at the entrance way. We didn’t have to check out till 12noon and was asked to leave our room at 10am so that they could clean up the water damage. We had to quickly get dress and pack up our belongings. The manager should have moved us into another room not offer us a new on once we complained and was already backed and dress for the day! The manager did say... Well I did give you a family/friend discount for the inconvenience… not professional at all! I was considering using this hotel for my guest at my 2010 wedding but I’m having second thoughts. Maritza, New Jersey

• Liked — clean
  • Disliked — service
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Pleasant Mechanicsville, Va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2008

My family stayed at this location in Winchester, Va for an overnighter. We visited DINOSAURLAND (my 4 year old daughter is a BIG dino fan) in White Post and decided to stay the night somewhere in Winchester. Having stayed @ SpringHill Suites by Marriott and been pleased we decided to try the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott.

PROS:

CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN! Entire hotel was not only clean but smelled clean as well.

ROOM - Nicely decorated, VERY CLEAN - comfy bed and pillows.

INDOOR POOL AND HOT TUB - my daughter loved the pool! Again, very clean!

LOCATION - many stores & places to eat close by. SAFE:)

BREAKFAST - consisted of Jimmy Dean frozen sandwiches, breads, pastries, waffles, fruits, cereals, yogurts, hard boiled eggs, juices, coffee and milk. Although good we prefer SpringHill's breakfast, this was still good, just wish they had more hot foods such as sausage, bacon, eggs....

GREAT PRICE -with AAA and taxes paid less than $100.00 for the night.

CONS:

CABLE TV - poor reception but not a big deal. No dvd player - would have been nice but again not a big deal.

Overall, we were VERY happy with our stay and would stay there again!

• Liked — SUPER CLEAN!
  • Disliked — POOR TV RECEPTION/NO DVD PLAYER
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Winchester? Share your experiences!