“Nice hotel at decent rates.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Winchester
Sherbrooke, Canada
“Nice hotel at decent rates.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

I stayed at this property on a business trip last week. Good location, nice hotel, friendly staff and decent rates. I enjoyed the quiet room and quick check-out. I will stay there the next time I am in the Winchester area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Carolyn B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you for choosing The Fairfield Inn & Suites for your lodging accommodations. I am glad you had a pleasant stay; my staff and I hope to see to you again soon.

Carolyn Brown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Vinton, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I tried several hotels around Winchester before finally staying at the Fairfield. The staff are very friendly, they say Good Morning and Evening every time I come in or out. At check in my room keys are always ready and they are very organized. The rooms are clean and have everything I need for business travel. The internet works very well, I have never had any issues with it and I even stream movies on my laptop. There is free breakfast but I haven't tried that. Lots of delivery places in the area for a good variety. They only reason I did not rate the hotel at a 5 was I haven't seen cookies when I come in yet! There is always fresh fruit available and newspapers which is nice. I will be staying with this hotel through the duration of my contract this Summer.

Room Tip: Rooms to the back of the hotel have less lights and traffic noise
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites, Winchester VA for your lodging accommodations. My staff and I appreciate your kind words and we are looking forward seeing you on your next visit.

Leeds
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

parking lot and walkways dangerous. ice everywhere makes it unsafe to walk to car in lot. Should be better cleared. Can't change weather but can put some effort into clearing ice, they have given up it is very dangerous.
staff recommended local restaurant not knowing closed due to cold weather.
slow wireless internet
a very ordinary property!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Carolyn B, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Fairfield inn & Suites. I want to take this time to apologize for what you had experienced at our property. My staff and I believe in keeping our Marriott standards and we didn't meet your expectations.

I would like to extend an offer to welcome you back for a more pleasurable experience; staying in our luxurious executive two room suite at a special rate.

I will personally make your reservation and accommodate to your needs. I hope you will give us an opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Bristow, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Newer hotel that is nice and clean. It is exactly what they advertise and what you would expect at a Fairfield Inn. Not fancy but clean and predicable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The free breakfast was better than most and well maintained.

Green Features: We have a plug-in hybrid and the staff helped us find an outside plug. If you need an outside electric plug it is around the side of the building next to an air conditioning unit.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Carolyn B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites, Winchester VA for your lodging accommodations. My staff and I appreciate your kind words and we really hope to see you on your next visit.

NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

The reviews I read worried me, but I had free hotel points, and I've liked every Fairfield Inn to date. Check in went great, quick and nice greeting. Cookies awaited. Hotel seems clean. The pool is down (will be up Tuesday), but we were not in the mood anyhow (freezing outside). Room is nice and clean. We enjoyed watching HGTV mainly. Breakfast was stanard for fairfield inn, and the hostess was very nice. 8 thumbs up here!

Room Tip: Call ahead about pool and hot tub.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Carolyn B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Thank you for visiting us and for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We are glad to hear you had a wonderful stay. We appreciate your comments about our front desk experiencing a great check in upon arrival and the nice service you received from our Breakfast Hostess.
My staff and I look forward seeing you again.

Emerald Isle, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

After arriving, we found out the hotel had broken pipe and half of the hotel was flooded but we did get the room we requested. No mention of this when I made the reservation the day before. Both sink and tub drains had an issue with slow draining. Went to breakfast and it was not ready at 6:30am. Could not wait for setup. Went to check out and no one at the desk. Had to leave the keys on the desk and couldn't inform the desk of the drain issues..

Room Tip: Choose a room away from Rt.81. Trucks run all night and is very noisy.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience at The Fairfield Inn & Suites, Winchester VA. We truly value your comments and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations.

Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. I have addressed your concerns with the staff and we would like to extend the offer to welcome you back to for a more pleasurable experience.

If your future travel plans should bring you back into the area. Please ask for me directly so I can personally make your reservation and accommodate to your needs.

Finger Lakes Region
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

We were very disappointed the hot tub was out of service when we stayed on Jan 2, 2014. The availability of a hot tub was a "must have" on our hotel selection criteria. We had seen another reviewer mention the same disappointment in December, but we also read the manager's response and assurance that the problem had been resolved. We used the pool anyway even though it was fairly cold. My husband had a problem with his key card not opening the door for the pool room. In the process of "fixing" the problem with the keycard the agent that "helped" my husband apparently disabled both of our cards so that once we were done with the pool we got back to our room and weren't able to get in. My husband had to go back to the front desk again while my 3 year old, my 18 month old, and I stood in front of our room shivering in our wet swim suits.

• Stayed January 2014

Carolyn Brown

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Winchester? Share your experiences!