“No problems here.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 27 Hotels in Winchester
Washington, DC
“No problems here.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Nov. 2013 - clean, newish, friendly, good breakfast. No problems, no frills, good price. My only problem with all Marriott hotels is that they feel it necessary to foist their religion on their guests. Their decision to place those free Gideon bibles in every room is presumptuous ( not all of their guests are christians!), and offensive. A world class hotel chain should not be mixing up their business and a passive aggressive evangelizing campaign. I hear even some of their hotels put the Book of Mormon as well as the christian bible in the bedstead drawer. Please, I do not want or need religion from my hotel vendor.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Carolyn B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Fairfield Inn & Suites. As I read your comments; I want to bring to your attention that all literature provided in our guest rooms are according to the Brand standard.

I truly appreciate your kind words about how clean, newish, friendly and good breakfast you had enjoyed at our property.

If your travels should bring you back into the Winchester area; I hope you will give us an opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Carolyn Brown

No problems, no frills, good price.

omment on the service you received from the front desk. I hope we will have an opportunity to regain your confidence in the future.

Best Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I like Marriott hotels and expect quality. This one was tired and not as good as an average Fairfield. My room was clean, but smelled of bad body odor. I would try to stay somewhere else next time I visit the area, because I love really nice hotels and accommodations, but I cannot say anything other than the smell in the room was bad.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Carolyn B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Fairfield Inn & Suites. We certainly in no way want our guest to leave unhappy.

I apologize to hear about the guest room wasn't to your satisfaction. We truly believe in keeping our Marriott standards to our guests and I assure you this issue has been corrected.

Best Regards,

Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

This property is falling apart! I've been staying there periodically for the last few years, and it has slowly gone downhill. Even though it underwent a renovation earlier in the year, the rooms look worn and dirty, there is mold forming in most of the bathrooms and the fitness center, and the staff is lackluster to say the least. There is never anyone at the desk. It doesn't matter what time of day I'm walking through the lobby-- I always have to holler to get someone's attention from the back office. The housekeeping staff is one of the SLOWEST I have ever encountered. Sometimes my room doesn't get serviced until 5 or 6 at night! I have found hairs on my bed sheets and in the bathroom on multiple occasions. Whenever I call down to report these things, the front desk staff seems less than surprised, like this is a pretty common occurance. The only saving grace to the property and the ONLY reason I'm sorry to not be returning is the breakfast attendant, Nancy. She is the sweetest lady you will ever meet and will bend over backwards to make sure you have a great breakfast! Such a shame she is working at such a run down property!

Room Tip: DON'T STAY HERE, but if you do, stay on the back side of the property with the odd numbered room...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Carolyn B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience at The Fairfield Inn & Suites, Winchester VA. We truly value your comments.

First, I want to say I truly appreciate your comments about the service you received from our Breakfast bar attendant: Nancy, she is a precious jewel here at the property and I know she will appreciate your kind words as well.

As I continue reading your comments; I apologize that we did not meet your expectations.

Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. I have addressed your concerns with the staff and we would like to extend the offer to welcome you back to for a more pleasurable experience.

If your future travel plans should bring you back into the area. Please call me directly at 540-665-8881 ext. 405. So I can personally make your reservation and accommodate to your needs.

Knoxville,Tn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

The Fairfield Winchester is perfect for any overnight stay. Lots of food choices close by and right off of I-81. Clean rooms and quick check in. For any visit to Harper's Ferry, Antietam and many other historical attractions around this is a very good central location.The Fairfield family of hotels always fits our needs.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Carolyn B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
We appreciate your comments about our guest rooms being clean and the quick check in service you receive upon arrival. My staff and I want to thank this time to say thank you for chosen our property for your lodging accommodations and we hope to see you again soon.

sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

This property was in very good condition. The sleeping room was well maintained. The bed was just OK for me but that is a personal preference. The Bathroom was clean and in good repair. The breakfast area was excellent. The staff maintaining it were wonderful. The Check-in process was smooth and quick. All in all, a very good choice when traveling up this section of I-81.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Carolyn B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Thank you for your comments with regard to your recent stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites, Winchester VA. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and you like the location of the property being right off I-81.

MIAMI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Front desk personnel and breakfast lady were outstanding. Rooms are ok, nothing special, but comfortable. Linens were soft and mattresses were firm. There is a refrigerator , microwave and coffee pot in room. Old Winchester is a 5 minute drive. Hotel is near restaurants and gas stations and across street from Costco. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for visiting our property and for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We are glad to hear you had a wonderful stay. My staff and I look forward seeing you again. We appreciate your comments about the front desk and the breakfast lady being outstanding.

Vestavia Hills, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

arrived early staff very helpful getting us into room early. we had requested handicapped room ( met all of our needs). Staff very kind and helpful. Clean well positioned comfortable room. The whole hotel was clean and nicely decorated. We will be staying here again when we visit family here.

Room Tip: travelers with need for handicapped lodging will be pleased with this fairfield Inn.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites, Winchester VA for your lodging accommodations. My staff and I appreciate your kinds words especially about how we responded promptly to your special requests. We enjoy having you with us and we hope to see you on your next visit.

Carolyn Brown

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Winchester? Share your experiences!