“Only one problem” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 27 hotels in Winchester
Frankfort, NY
“Only one problem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

The hotel was very clean and comfortable, the only problem was when I sat in the hot tub I got bug bites on my back and shoulders. I told the desk clerk and they said they would look into it. They also asked if I needed medical attention which I declined.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

248 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Florence, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Last year, my husband and I stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Winchester, Va. It was a beautiful hotel and the staff was excellent. They were so friendly and welcoming. This year, I will be returning to Winchester, guess where I'll be staying

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh,Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We always stay at some type of Marriott, this was Our 1st stay at a Fairfield Inn. The front desk was friendly, and the Inn was "Very Clean". Bed and Pillows were Great! We don't know how old this Inn is but everything was up to date. We will stay again if passing through Winchester,Va!

Room Tip: Our room was next to Elevator, and it was "Not" noisy
Bristow, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stayed at the Marriott last weekend, the weekend the baseball players were also staying there. By the way, they were a very well behaved group of young children, so I commend their parents~~~ The poor woman at the check in desk seemed to be totally frazzled, perhaps people had called in sick? She had many people checking in at the same time, and actually had to go to our room to find out if it was cleaned up yet. Weird? Guess they don't have walkie talkies. Then apologized saying they have been booked up for weeks, not sure what that has to do with the current day we checked in. Upon entering the elevator, a housekeeper told us that the laundry person called in sick that day and they were behind. That didn't make me feel very comfortable!!! Upon entering our room, every single drawer was pulled open all the way. Lack of attention to detail!!! As far as I am concerned, when I see black or pink stain on the shower grout, I am not happy. figured if I called for a reclean, it wasn't going to happen. I give this hotel a C+ for that weekend, and we are gold members and stay pretty much only at Marriotts. We didnt eat at the breafast bar, knowing that its normally pretty average, but the line of kids waiting to eat anyway was not going to leave much for anyone else. I do have to say, we never heard a sound all night from any of the other guests, so either those young boys were so tired they fell fast asleep or the walls are pretty thick!!!

Buffalo, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Pretty much up to standard. Front desk people very friendly and helpful. Thermostat seemed to get stuck so that the A/C kept running way below set point. Only real negative was poor supply and/or refill of breakfast offerings; although it was a busy morning w/ what appeared to be little league baseball team(s), that comes with the business, I would think, and could have been handled better. Would probably return, although it is not on our usual route around Winchester.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Scranton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Nice hotel with clean rooms. Great pool and hot tub. Courteous and helpful staff. Great location right off highway for easy access to many places.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Mich.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We got in there late after traveling all day and were tired! We would have been better off sleeping on the floor, as the bed was so hard we didn't get any sleep and our backs hurt real bad.The staff was real friendly and we had no other complaints other then the bed.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Winchester? Share your experiences!