“A wonderful ride” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Ranchs
Attraction Details
“A wonderful ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

Bill took us on a wonderful ride! it was Danielle's first experience on a horse and he made look like she has been riding all her life! We both had a wonderful time on the ride down by the river and cannot wait to get back to see all the foliage!! Overall a great experience!!

Arlington, Virginia
“Best thing I've done in years!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I went to the Rocking S Ranch with my friend last weekend. She really wanted to ride a horse. I wasn't as excited because of the ride I had last year @ the Marriott ranch in Hume, VA which was not so great....it was clear as soon as my sister and I arrived @ the Marriott ranch that they were not interested if we enjoyed the ride or not. They barely spoke to us.
The Rocking S Ranch was a completely different experience. Bill and his lovely daughters, Hayley and Shane did everything possible to ensure that my friend and I had the best ride possible. Bill, our guide, was so helpful that I felt I was also getting a free lesson. He was very generous with his time and knowledge....we never felt rushed. The ride was incredible. He took us up and down hills, thru creeks and we even galloped a little. It was a wonderful time and I hope I can make it back again ASAP.

Visited December 2012
“Absolutely loved this trail ride!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

I had the opportunity to go on a beautiful fall trail ride for my birthday &would go back in a heartbeat. It was not only gorgeous but such a peaceful way to see the country side of Winchester! Y'all will love it!!!

“Great ride!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This was my second trail ride with Rocking S Ranch, and they both have been very enjoyable experiences. We had a perfect, cool fall day for our ride this time, but I'm sure it would be fun in any season. Bill, the proprietor, does a great job of matching the riders to the appropriate horses based on the riders' self assessments and his own observations. He adds to the enjoyment of the ride with his comments and a few jokes (expect corny but cute), but always stresses safety -- which is a comfort to those of us who ride infrequently. The horses are well trained, which makes it fun to cross little streams and go up and down some good sized hills. Both times I rode, Bill kindly used our cameras to take several photos of us during our ride - so we have some great pictures as souvenirs. The area is beautiful - the trail as well as the ride to Winchester (we came from northern Virginia). If you're looking for a fun outdoor activity in a beautiful area, I highly recommend a ride with Rocking S Ranch.

Visited October 2012
Martinsburg, West Virginia, United States
“Roking S Ranch...Awesome ride and guaranteed good time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We have only visited Rocking S a couple times but it has become a favorite for sure! Bill does a great job of insuring everybody has a great ride, through some great Virginia scenery, and treating us like old friends. We ride all over the US but my daughters have chosen this as the best. You won't be disappointed...looking forward to their return to the vineyards!

Visited July 2012