“Best thing I've done in years!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 activities in Winchester
Type: Ranchs
Attraction Details
Arlington, Virginia
“Best thing I've done in years!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I went to the Rocking S Ranch with my friend last weekend. She really wanted to ride a horse. I wasn't as excited because of the ride I had last year @ the Marriott ranch in Hume, VA which was not so great....it was clear as soon as my sister and I arrived @ the Marriott ranch that they were not interested if we enjoyed the ride or not. They barely spoke to us.
The Rocking S Ranch was a completely different experience. Bill and his lovely daughters, Hayley and Shane did everything possible to ensure that my friend and I had the best ride possible. Bill, our guide, was so helpful that I felt I was also getting a free lesson. He was very generous with his time and knowledge....we never felt rushed. The ride was incredible. He took us up and down hills, thru creeks and we even galloped a little. It was a wonderful time and I hope I can make it back again ASAP.

Visited December 2012

“Absolutely loved this trail ride!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

I had the opportunity to go on a beautiful fall trail ride for my birthday &would go back in a heartbeat. It was not only gorgeous but such a peaceful way to see the country side of Winchester! Y'all will love it!!!

“Great ride!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This was my second trail ride with Rocking S Ranch, and they both have been very enjoyable experiences. We had a perfect, cool fall day for our ride this time, but I'm sure it would be fun in any season. Bill, the proprietor, does a great job of matching the riders to the appropriate horses based on the riders' self assessments and his own observations. He adds to the enjoyment of the ride with his comments and a few jokes (expect corny but cute), but always stresses safety -- which is a comfort to those of us who ride infrequently. The horses are well trained, which makes it fun to cross little streams and go up and down some good sized hills. Both times I rode, Bill kindly used our cameras to take several photos of us during our ride - so we have some great pictures as souvenirs. The area is beautiful - the trail as well as the ride to Winchester (we came from northern Virginia). If you're looking for a fun outdoor activity in a beautiful area, I highly recommend a ride with Rocking S Ranch.

Visited October 2012
Martinsburg, West Virginia, United States
“Roking S Ranch...Awesome ride and guaranteed good time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We have only visited Rocking S a couple times but it has become a favorite for sure! Bill does a great job of insuring everybody has a great ride, through some great Virginia scenery, and treating us like old friends. We ride all over the US but my daughters have chosen this as the best. You won't be disappointed...looking forward to their return to the vineyards!

Visited July 2012
Ashburn
“The Rocking S Ranch- The best ride you will ever have”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

First of all I would like to comment on the two posts made by other fellow tripadvisors. Thank you very much Joe P I had the exact same experience with my friends and would agree with you completely! But Mic104 with all due respect, oh wait nevermind I owe you nothing, firstly by the verbage of your post it sounds like you were a free ride. Isn't it funny how normal paying customers have a great time but you freebie people always have something to complain about, have you never heard the expression "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth"?!? I have been a frequent rider at the RSR for years and am quite familiar with the workings there. And your supposed "nagging her to point she was miserable" (awww poor baby) goes to show that for all your "having ridden before" you are not even worthy of the term amateurs. People who have NEVER ridden before have never had any issues on the rides I have been on!!! So she must have been posing a major safety hazard, most likely to herself, the horse she was riding, and those around her! And the only reason Bill would have "cut our ride short because he had other 'paying customers' show up and he didn't want to keep them waiting" would have been because you showed up late and not at your appointed time! You can't possibly expect the whole world to revolve around you!!! And as for my experience, my friends and I enjoyed a BEAUTIFUL two-hour ride and a wonderful mountain veiw with wonderful service from Bill and his two daughters! And that was just our last ride, I could tell you many stories, but one thing that is for sure is I can't wait for my next ride at the Rocking S Ranch!!!!!

Visited June 2012

Been to Rocking S Ranch? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Rocking S Ranch, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.