“Added to my list of "Go-To" places” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Winchester
Meriden, Connecticut
“Added to my list of "Go-To" places”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I travel up and down I-81 quite often. Never know in advance where I'll wind up when I'm done driving for the day, could be anywhere from Carlisle PA to Staunton VA. Have stayed in the nearby Super 8 (ugh) but this place is great. Clean and reasonably large rooms. Super comfortable bed. Lots of restaurants nearby -- my helper likes the sushi on Millwood Pike, I like Texas Steakhouse. Nick the desk clerk was great...

Minor, for me, downside -- WiFi not working, but supposedly being fixed. Upside -- most, if not all, rooms have a live networking (RJ-45) jack. If you use a laptop, you DO have a network cable in your bag of "Traveling Tricks", right? Phone and tablet users might be SOL, but check to see if they've fixed it. Extra points for accessible AC outlets on the desk and nightstand.

Breakfast looked pretty much standard, waffles etc. I passed on that and treated myself to IHOP around the corner.

Bottom line -- I'll be back, probably often.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
DearJohn B,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review and for adding us to your list of "Go-To" places
We greatly appreciate your feedback about the new beds, clean rooms, AC outlets and wired Internet connection. I do apologize for the problems with High Speed Wireless Internet Connection. We upgraded the Internet connection speed and started getting problems. It took little longer for our service providers to fix the issues. Now everything is working fine and fast.

Thank you so much for your kind words about Nick. We are very happy to have him as our team member. I will definitely share your feedback with other team members.

Our guests get 10% off by showing their room keys at restaurants like Golden Corral, Texas Steak and Umberto’s Pizza.

We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in the area.

Beck Kasymbekov

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Winchester, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Nice room. Clean. Priced well. Quiet. Stayed on third of four floors for two days. Limited parking due to cargo containers. Renovations in progress. Exercise room not open due to renovations. Comfortable beds. Unlike so many other hotels, the shower stall is located on the bedroom wall rather than the exterior wall. Makes it hard for whomever is sleeping in the bed next to the shower stall. Shower head is unmovable. Cannot direct water flow. The grout between the tiles in the bathroom could stand a good cleaning. Plenty of electrical recepticles. NO INTERNET ACCESS ANYWHERE IN THE BUILDING. BUMMER!!. Routers down. Attempted to receive break on room price because of Wi-Fi outage. Was rewarded with an adjustment to total bill for two days! Surprise! Surprise! That action meant a lot to me!!! Clean stairwells. Slamming stairwell doors. Nice room desk work area. Nice pool but not for swimming. No good views from any floor. Good location. Surrounded by restaurants. Breakfast area is the usual. Very little edible healthy food. Good housekeeping services.

Room Tip: Stayed on 3rd of 4 floors
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Michael D,

Thank you very much for taking the time to submit your review about our hotel. We have recently completed the renovation of our guest rooms and public areas. We now have all our 72 rooms open and ready for our guests. We greatly appreciate your feedback. I do sincerely apologize for the problems with the High Speed Wireless Internet Connection. For the moment everything is working fine.

We look forward to seeing you again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Stopped here late at night as I drove up through the Shenandoah valley. The hotel was clean, spacious and at a reasonable price. I had no problems at check in and the breakfast the next morning was hot and replenished. I would recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear tupelolaw,

Thank you very much for recommending our hotel. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for taking time to leave your feedback and recommendation here for others!

We look forward to seeing you again next time you will driving through the Beautiful Shenandoah Valley

Wassenaar, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Just off I-81 @ US-17, US-50 & US-522 exit. Than just south on US-522 on the left @ 2nd light. Very clean and well maintained facility. Nice rooms + an Indoor swimming pool. Nice breakfast presentation. Numerous restaurants & shopping with-in easy driving distance of less than a mile. Also a mall with a movie theater complex are located on the other side of the Interstate. Yes we'll stay here again.

Room Tip: While any location within this hotel is A-OK, suggest lower floor in backside if you do not mind the...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Beck K, DOO at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear uss-tanner,

We greatly appreciate you choosing the Sleep Inn & Suites, Winchester, VA for your lodging needs. Thank you very much for letting the Tripadvisor.com users know about your positive experience in our hotel. We are very thankful for your kind words and feedback.

We look forward to seeing you with us again.

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

On a trip home from Maryland, we stopped here for the night. I love Sleep Inn's and I am a Choice Rewards member. It was so great to get off the road, there were storms in the area and we were desperate to get off the road and just chill out for awhile. I don't like to drive in storms, especially in places I do not know. I looked for a list of hotels on my GPS and looked for a Choice hotel. The first one I looked for no longer existed, but I also saw the Sleep Inn and took out my AAA guide just in case this one was gone too. Went in and asked if they had rooms available....................I really wanted to stay. I asked about the senior rate and was given that as I was traveling with my mother. They were renovating, so the floor we were on was totally new, new beds, everything. There was a great place for my laptop, I always travel with it, with space and enough room for cords. I love that it had an indoor pool and I spent some time there. The pool was the perfect temperature and great relaxing treat after driving in the DC area and in the rain. I ran into some rude folks in the pool area, but that happens everywhere. I had a great nights sleep, I did not want to get out to leave in the morning. Top notch breakfast too. The staff was very welcoming and friendly as well.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Beck K, DOO at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear ViolaAunt,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at the Sleep Inn & Suites, Winchester, VA. We are happy and pleased to read such a nice feedback about property and services we provide. We also would like to thank you for being a Choice Privileges member. It is really nice to know that you had enjoyed your stay. As regards the renovation we are now renovating first floor rooms. Upper floors rooms are ready and we already have received great reviews about those rooms. Almost all of our team members have read your review, and on behalf of everyone, I would like to thank you again for your great review and perfect photos.

We would be very happy to see you with us again.

Bay Village, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

This hotel is almost completely renovated. The rooms are nice and clean and the bed is very comfortable. We stayed in 5 different hotels in 5 days and my girlfriend and I agreed it was the best nights sleep we had the whole trip.

If I could I would give this a 4.5 rating. It's convenient; right off the highway and near the mall and restaurants yet still quiet in the room. The breakfast is your standard so-so fare, but they did have two waffle makers to speed things up and the orange juice was good. Other than that the only complaints are the elevator is slow, and there is an LCD TV, but the cable service is not High Definition.

The price was very reasonable and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Beck K, DOO at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear boatr35,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sleep Inn & Suites, Winchester, VA. Your and your girlfriend’s kind words, are heartwarming, especially from someone who had stayed in five different hotels. We are constantly working to ensure that each and every guest has a great experience and we value the feedback like yours that provides insight from the guest's perspective. I will definitely share your compliments with my team.

Director of Operations/ GM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Nicely remodeled rooms and a comfortable bed, I could not have asked for more. The staff was most helpful as well. I am sure we will be back. Had easy access to many eating establishments as well.
Convenient to the highway heading north or south.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Beck K, DOO at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear Paul H

Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your stay. I am glad to hear that you liked our newly remodeled rooms. We do greatly appreciate your kind words about our staff and services. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to our area.

Director of Operations/ GM