“Just don't stay in 206...” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 27 hotels in Winchester
“Just don't stay in 206...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Literally just checked out (10 Minutes ago), stopped here on our way home to NY. Read the reviews of hotels in the area before finally deciding on Sleep Inn. Overall hotel seemed nice. Excellent location. Close to many options for dining. Breakfast this morning was really good, clean eating area and the woman in charge was friendly and helpful. The room seemed nice enough. The downside is that when we used the bathroom sink last night the water didn't drain.. and was still sitting in the sink when we woke up this morning (gross!!).
So needless to say, no one brushed their teeth which after driving all day yesterday and having to be on the road all day today isn't really a good feeling.
The bathtub was the next best part of the room. The metal drain stopper wouldn't stay up. So while taking a shower and standing in 4 inches of water, I ended up cramming one of the little wrapped soaps under the edge of the stopper which lasted a couple minutes before having to reposition it (it's still there). So I decided to pass on making my children take showers. I don't feel that having them stand in water while taking a shower is safe. Anyways this morning when checking out, the woman at the front desk asked if everything had been ok. We very nicely told her about the drains and her response was that she would add it to the list and the maintenance man was going to be really busy today... Okay so no apology or an I'm sorry just printed our bill and said thanks. I now plan on calling Choice directly. Bottom line is that I probably wouldn't stay there again more because of the lousy way that woman handled our complaint. Overall not a bad hotel for the price.

• Stayed August 2013
Manager G, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear ravelmom4999,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review regarding your recent stay at Sleep Inn & Suites, Winchester, VA.

First of all thank you very much for choosing our services and staying with us. And I would like to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding problems with the sink stopper, the tub stopper, and as well as the Front Desk employee’s response on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with the housekeeping, front desk and maintenance teams to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

I went into 206 and would like to inform what caused the problem. I am attaching three different photos on how to use the sink and tub stoppers. In order for the tub stopper stay up, one needs to lift and turn it clockwise. Regards the sink stopper, there is a lever behind the faucet, it needs to be pushed down to open the stopper.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Winchester, VA.

160 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I am now staying at this property (Sleep Inn & Suites) again. I had stayed here couple of months ago and I liked this hotel and its fellows. I am a Choice Privileges Diamond member and I have stayed in many hotels. This one became my favorite place to stay. My family spends much of the time at the pool. In the evenings if there are many people in the pool, we go into the breakfast area and watch that big TV. It is very nice to have this kind of entertainment for the kids, while our father sleeps in the room. The breakfast is great; do not even think of going anywhere else. Employees of this facility are the best ones I have ever seen. They are very knowledgeable and courteous. Plenty of parking space. Quite in the evenings and nights.

There is a Golden Corral Restaurant next door the Texas Steak House not far away, these two restaurants offer 10% if you tell them you are staying at Sleep Inn.

This hotel has the best price in the area. I know, it is not a 4 or 5 star, or a full service hotel, but it is well worth. You go somewhere else and end up paying around $ 109 and up, why bother? Of course there is no comparison with the "motels" in the area. I believe you cannot compare these two things, I mean a hotel and a motel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear April J,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review with such a positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words.

We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in Winchester, VA.

Tarpon Springs, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel many times they are very friendly and try to help you with your plans . Room need updated they have a indoor pool is very nice good breakfast would stay again when in this area many places to eat near by and a lot of shopping near by

Stayed August 2013
Manager G, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Margaret M,

Thank you very much for the great review and those nice words about service.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Kingston, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This is our first time staying at a Sleep Inn, and I have to say it will not be our last! The people at the front desk were extremely friendly and helpful in everyway. The room was spacious and very clean. The pool was a great benefit for the kids. It would be nice if there were queen size beds rather than doubles and the pillows were a little small...but if that is my only complaint well worth the stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manager G, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Michael S,

Thank you very much your taking the time to submit a great review about the Sleep Inn & Suites, Winchester, VA. We are very glad and happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us.

Come back and stay with us again.

Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We have stayed at Sleep Inn in Winchester,Va. Several times. We have never Been disappointed with the accommodations or the staff, Room has always been very comfortable and clean. Staff always efficient and courteous.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Gabster725,

Thank you very much for your review and for staying with us. I would love to share this with our my team.

We are always happy to see you.

berkeley springs, west virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

This was our 4th stay at this property and have always enjoyed how quiet it is for a chain and also how accommodating the staff is.We had one of the suites and was very comfortable and was just what we wanted.We stayed for three nights and on the morning of our check out I became very ill from a meal of the previous night and was very sick. My wife asked the front desk if we could extend our checkout and they kindly said we could stay until 2pm but by the time noon arrived and I was still too ill to leave I had my wife go ahead and reserve the room for the night, as luck would have it by about 3pm I was feeling better and we decided to go on home. We arrived at the front desk to pay for our extended stay and was told their was no charge, a very nice way to leave the hotel.We will certainly be back in the near future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager G, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear highlawn2,

Thank you very much for all those nice words and for the great review.

We do hope you are feeling much better these days?

Again thank you very much for continuously staying with us!

We look forward to seeing you again.

dkirk05
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stopped here on our way back home. Our stay was very good. Room nicely done, updated and clean. Front desk attendants very friendly and informative. Breakfast was good with some healthy choices as well. We had a rollaway which was in our room when we arrived. Our son enjoyed the weight room and indoor pool. The only complaint we had was we were given a room on 1st floor against the fitness room and could hear the noise from weights and machines. Also, lots of noise from room above us. Luckily, it didn't go on late so didn't bother us. We had used AAA discount so maybe this was a cheaper located room?? Overall, it was a good stay and value for the money. We would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
Manager G, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear dkirk05,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for your great review. We greatly appreciate for mentioning about the service you had received and the hotel amenities. It is always nice to hear from our guests.

As about your room, I do apologize for the noise from the Exercise room. Believe me - our first floor rooms are very popular. We try to offer our rooms based on guests’ requests. We do not have a practice of putting our guests based on discount level. :)

Thank you very much for choosing our services and we look forward to seeing you with us.

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!