“Don't waste your money” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 27 hotels in Winchester
Ontario
“Don't waste your money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

This hotel had the dirtiest carpets I've seen in my travels. More over the wifi didn't work in our room. When we told the manager all he could say was "There was a business center available". Yeah, like I want to go to a business center once I've gotten ready for bed. We had already driven 10 hours and I sure didn't feel like leaving my room so I could check and send emails. The room itself was very dark. Although the desk clerk was kind and did her best trying to get the wifi working she wasn't dressed like someone that worked a front desk. A bit frumpy to say the least.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager G, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear GrandmaBettyOntario,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review regarding your recent stay at Sleep Inn & Suites, Winchester, VA.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding the condition of the carpet, high speed wireless Internet and for the Front Desk uniform.

But I need to make one thing clear. As regards the Free High Speed Wireless Internet Connection, as you and we remember, the general manager as per your husband’s request, went into your room shortly after you had checked-in. There was no problem with the Internet connection and he explained why you were not having the connection. That was simply because your laptop was never connected to the hotel wireless network. He established the connection and showed how to use it. Then opened three different websites and showed that everything was working fine. At that time there were two Front Desk associates behind the desk. When we had received your second complaint about the Internet, one of our Front Desk agents helped you to connect again, called the technical support and gave you the phone number for that service. This time the problem was with the certain website, not with the Wireless Internet connection. Next morning according to your words you did not want to call neither the Tech. support nor use the hotel business center.

Please note that for the guests’ convenience we have instructions on how to connect and use the Free Wireless Internet service. We have a technical support available 24 hours a day.

We take great pride of serving our guests and providing superior service and we will do all our best to make our guests stay pleasant.

Thank you!

167 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Overall not the best hotel to stay at. I really think the franchise owner could make an investment in hiring managers that manage with high standards and implement systems and procedures in maintenance of rooms. Rooms look like a tiger was attacking wallpaper!!!!

• Stayed January 2013
Eldersburg, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stay here frequently for business purposes and I am always made to feel very welcome. The rooms are very clean and the people from the reception to the breakfast that is there are all great. I haven't had the opportunity to use the pool but it looks inviting. Very quiet at night, nice place to stay.

Room Tip: always nice
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Greentown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This is my favorite Hotel to stop at whenever I travel Rt. 81. The staff is always friendly and efficient. The Hotel is always clean and I can count on a good nights sleep. The heated indoor pool is wonderful after a long days drive & the breakfast in the morning is outstanding. I wish all Hotels were this great.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Altoona, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is the nicest Sleep Inn I have ever stayed at, which is why I keep coming back when I stay in Winchester on business, and for that matter, it is one of the nicest motels I stay period. The folks at the motel are some of the friendliest I have ever encountered, I usually request the same room to stay in and they have always accommdated me, and the room is very nice, always clean and neat, and the entire motel is likewise. I highly recommend this motel to everyone who is visiting Winchester.

Room Tip: I like the first floor, it is convient for me.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Moncton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We have stayed at Sleep Inn Winchester while travelling to Florida over the years and have always been very pleased with our accommodations. The staff at the front desk have always been courteous and professional. The complmentary breakfast is very good. Good value for the money.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We always stay here when we visit family in Winchester. The location is great and the hotel is a great value for what you pay. They offer a large variety of breakfast foods and I love the sit down area to eat. The last time we stayed our bed was very "lopsided" if you will. We each felt our side of the bed was falling over and the springs were pretty much dead but other than that our stay was excellent as usual. Would stay there again as always.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!