“Hidden Treasure in Winchester” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #48 of 230 Restaurants in Winchester
Cuisines: American
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Hidden Treasure in Winchester”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

The minute I walked into The Chocolate Bar the atmosphere abosorbed me and my cares of a long work day were left at the door. You get a very pleasant warm welcome from the wait staff and the quaint size is perfect for meeting up with a couple friends. We enjoyed the Dip 'n Stuff appetiser with the caramelised onion, which was a tad bit sweet but something I would have again. I had a nice glass of a steel barreled aged New Zealand Chardonnay which had a crisp fresh hint of melon (wish I had gotten the name of the vinter). For my meal I had the lobster risotto, which was fashionably presented in two half shells (I was sharing with a friend). It had been flashed in a Salamander to crisp up the breadcrumb topping, which dried it out more than I prefer. The flavor was well balanced althought the price a bit steep ($22). From our table we could easily see into the Chocolate store which remains ever present and tempting during your dining experience. The service was excellent and reflects attentive management. No room for desert this time...but there is always next time.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Winchester, Virginia
“Eclectic beer selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Nice very comfy atmosphere, we sat at a couch in the bay window.The service was great and the ever changing beer selections are awesome.My son had a dark beer from Chicago w/ a abv percent of 14 ,(holy smokes). the chocolate covered strawberries were a great hit. I cant wait to go back for dinner. the owners are very convivial and catered to our group like we were the only ones there. Definitely a return trip in our future

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Strasburg, Virginia, United States
“Art and Artfully Done”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

The Lobster Pot Pie and the salad both were perfect. Large chucks of lobster in a rich sauce that melted in your mouth. It was delicious and cooked to order in a reasonable amount of time. I was alone but was greeted by friendly staff in the Shenandoah Fine Chocolate Shop section who enticed me into The Chocolate Bar side. Enticed by mentioning they had lobster on the menu that night. The atmosphere was perfect. I sat at the bar and spent time watching the many families, lovers and other single diners enjoying their meals. I had a Chocolate Truffle for desert. The art was a nice touch.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
WeCareAboutU, Manager at The Chocolate Bar, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Marcy,
Thank you for your review. We are so glad you enjoyed your experience with us and that our entire team made you feel welcome. That's why we do the things we do!
New York City, New York
“Good food, great atmosphere and amazing staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Whether you come for the wine, the food or the desserts, this is the place to go. But on top of that the atmopshere makes you want to come back. They have a variety of seating from the comfortable lounge sofas to the high and low tops tables. The owners are lovely and make every customer feel special. I love this place for their nice seletion of wines but I come back again and again because the food is delicious. From start to finish, this is hands down the best place in Winchester.

• Visited September 2012
Front Royal, Virginia
“Great food and great atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is one of my favorite places to eat and always get great food and great service. Was just there this past Saturday and had the tomato bisque soup; my husband had the pulled pork sandwich with chicken soup- all of it was fresh and fantastic. As to the other negative comments- this is not a fast food restaurant as the food is made fresh so sit and enjoy the wine and appetizers! If you want fast food go to McDonalds! And we love the decor- alot of sitting options and this is the place to bring friends, relax, and enjoy the great food, the great wine (try the cheese appetizers) and the great desserts. Then we jump next door and take chocolates home to enjoy the next day!

• Visited October 2012