“bedbugs i'm afraid” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn Winchester North

Americas Best Value Inn Winchester North
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Winchester
Americas Best Value Inn Winchester North
Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn Winchester North to your Saves list
1347 Berryville Ave, Winchester, VA 22601 (Formerly Shoney's Inn)   |
Ranked #25 of 27 hotels in Winchester
Norfolk, Virginia
“bedbugs i'm afraid”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

I've stayed here a number of times in the past with no big problems. Good price for
Summit Point track drivers. however the last time I stayed here (2009 I think) I got
bites on my foot that looked exactly like bedbugs. I recall not sleeping well. The breakfast scenario
was kinda strange too with a lady making sure you didn't take anything with you.
I could live with that for the price but with bedbugs? no thanks.
It was a Shoneys Inn when I stayed there.
Hopefully things have improved since then.

Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
abviwinchesterkb, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Winchester North, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Dear Jim P,

I am concerned about the bed bug issue you had mentioned. Please know that we do have a licensed pest control company which routinely treats our rooms. We hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you.

Regards,
KB-GM
Americas Best Value Inn-Winchester North, VA

8 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Winchester, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

I didnt complain that when I walked in my room a cat ran out, I didnt say anything about the bathroom smelling of cat urine, and not a word from me about the million holes in the blanket BUTTTTTT when I pick up my purse and see tons of ROACHES scattering I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!!...The ROACHES were EVERYWHERE, in the cooler/heating vent, behind tv and fridge...they were not shy about showing themselves. I quietly went to the front desk and asked for a refund. He was VERY rude and said "NO, I give u another room." I explained that if one room has them they all do but he would not hear of it. I asked for his name so I could contact whoever I needed to and he would NOT tell me. This is place shouldnt even pass code. AND they have not heard the last of me until I get my money back!

Room Tip: Do not go here!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Dear Becca M,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review with us. I am sorry to hear about the negative experience you encountered during your stay. Please know that we are now under new management. We have taken corrective actions and have hired a licensed pest company to routinely treat our rooms. We hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you.

Regards,
KB-GM
Americas Best Value Inn-Winchester North, VA

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Winchester North? Share your experiences!