“AWESOME!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
“AWESOME!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

We were traveling to PA from TN and needed a place for lunch, we all got burgers on home made buns with fresh cut fries and they were sooo good! We all wished we lived near there so we could go all the time!! Its nice knowing you are getting fresh meat and everything else too. Makes me never want to go to a chain restaurant again. Go eat here you won't be dissapointed!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

93% Recommend
Winchester, Virginia
“Not too great!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We went there for lunch to celebrate Admin Professional's Day. The food was bland at best. However, I enjoyed the hamburger...nice cut of meat! When we entered the restaurant one female employee was dunking a mop up and down in the bucket which immediately turned off one of our party. Downside to the entire outing was a strong repugnant odor coming from the dairy cooler. It wafted through our space every time the door was opened or the cooler fan came on. Our senior civilian made comment of it but seemed to be dismissed. Some customers acted as if she killed the golden goose. I don't plan on going back there anytime soon. Sad because the service staff was awesome!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Fantastic Food & Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We were on our way from Lost River WV to Winchester VA when we received a call from friends on their way to visit. We suggested they meet us for lunch in Winchester at the Butcher Station, a new restaurant we read about on TripAdvisor. The restaurant was unassuming in its ambiance but the food was excellent. I had the Butcher Station Hamburger which was made to order along with home made french fries which I loved. It also came with a small cucumber/onion salad which was very good. My wife had a tomato based seafood stew which was also very good. Our friend had a spinach crepe along with a cup of the seafood stew and her husband had a roast beef sandwich. We all tasted each others orders so I can say that every thing was delicious. One of the things they tout is that there food is locally grown and always fresh and it certainly tasted that way. We sat inside but they do have a patio/sidewalk service. We like it so much that my wife made reservations for a birthday luncheon for some friends in the week to come. I certainly will revisit for a taste of some of their other specialties and I would without hesitation recommend it to anyone in the area.

• Visited April 2013
Martinsburg, West Virginia
“TBS has the right idea!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

After seeing someone visit this place (on FB), I checked out their page and was excited to check them out in person after learning that they use local meat/produce and do REAL & exciting specials. Hubby and I came for my birthday dinner and enjoyed a lovely evening together.
The weather was perfect, so we sat outside. Our server was very friendly and professional, making nice, but short conversation when appropriate. He informed us on TBS's local meat and fresh fish philosophies and that they tried to make as much as possible in-house. Hubby selected a craft beer, which he enjoyed, as well as the cheese plate appetizer and pork chop market special. The cheese plate was nice, including bread, honey and dried fruits. The pork chop was ordered medium, as suggested by our server, but arrived more done and a little dry, but still enjoyable (and large!). The mashed potatoes were well done, but received no high praise. The veggie-o-t-d was asparagus, which we both got, and was delightful. I don't even like asparagus. I started with the soup-o-t-d, which they called a tomato whip of yellow tomatoes and balsamic vinegar, drizzled with more balsamic reduction and herb oil, served chilled. It was very delicious and such a large portion that I had to take some home so I didn't spoil the rest of my meal. My main was the sliced roast beef with gravy, which I expected to be tough upon first glance, but it was cooked nicely and tender enough to cut and chew easily, with good flavor. I chose the potato gratin as a side and was pleased with the flavor and light crunch on top. I wish, however, that there was more variety in the sides offered, as 3 were potatoes and the other, veggie-o-t-d. There were 3 dessert selections that evening and we opted for the cheesecake and dark chocolate creme brulee. Mine arrived with "Happy Birthday" written around the edge in chocolate, a sweet surprise! It was only my 2nd ever cb, so I can't truly comment on its strengths, but I enjoyed it and so did Hubby since we switched halfway through (we like to do that anywhere we go). The cheesecake was well made and served with raspberry sauce.
Based solely on the meal, I would give this place 4 stars. It is good, but not amazing. I gave 5 stars based on service and TBS's commitment to local and fresh, which I think is lacking in the area. The identity of the place is slightly confusing, but not enough to be off putting. There are both formal and diner-like aspects. Please support this place! Sadly, we were the only patrons that Tuesday evening from about 7 to 8:30. I fear for their endurance if that is the norm.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Winchester, Virginia, United States
“Best place in Winchester”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I have been here for lunch and dinner and found the food to be outstanding. The service is superb and atmosphere cozy and quaint. Everyone that I have brought here for dinner has returned on their own because they enjoyed their meal so much. There are very few places in town that I have found you can go to in casual attire and be treated as a formal guest. The fish, the beef and the specials are all spectacular! If you haven't been here yet, you don't know what you're missing.

• Visited March 2013