“Best Bet For Breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Phoenix, Arizona
“Best Bet For Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

You can't go wrong with Perkins for breakfast; I ate here every morning while staying in Winchester. Dinner is a little more open to debate. The fried seafood platter was not a good choice. However, the pasta dish on my second dinner visit was quite tasty.

77% Recommend
Virginia
“Absolutely Gross”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Having grew up in the area I have found so many great restaurants in Winchester and have stayed away from Perkins as its attached to a not-so-nice hotel. Recently I found out why. I had to attend a dinner there with family and ordered a small sirloin, salad, and spinach. I had specifically requested my steak to be exceptionally rare. Several of my family members ordered the same. My salad arrived first and even though I ordered it as a side it came out as a first course and made it really awkward for everyone at the table who didn't order an appetizer. The tomatoes had been refrigerated and were mealy and tasteless and the salads were preface and refrigerated as shown that someone cut the iceberg lettuce with a metal knife and it had browned. When my steak came out it was 100% done and brown throughout and about 1/4" thick. I sent the steak back and it took another 10 minutes for it to come out. When it did, it was a larger sirloin cut in half, which slightly grossed me out as it looked like it came off of someone else's plate and it was medium. I assumed that it would never be right and I just sucked it up and tried to eat it. The spinach was steam with no salt or pepper or seasoning of any kind. Overall the place was really gross and I was really sad that I had to eat there. When I left I went with several other friends downtown to have some more food and drinks just to get rid of the feeling I had if I had needed the night at Perkins. If you are exhausted or were dropped off here and weren't allowed to drive it might be adequate but if left to choose again I would have walked to the Mall to get a slice of pizza.

Ontario Canada
“What a pleasant breakfast after a horrible night!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We had stayed at the attached Best Western and it was less than ideal. We worried that the Perkins would be equally as bad but decided to give it a try instead of packing up all our kids, driving for 30 minutes and having to eat elsewhere. So glad we stayed! LEGO for the kids to play with while they wait for their food. Genius! Everyone was great accommodating our large family. Food was served quickly, exactly as ordered. Good value for the price we paid! Overall we were very impressed and it started our day off right!

Virginia
“Comfort Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Total comfort food. Amazing pies. Good variety. Always busy. Service is fast and you can just go in and buy a muffin, etc from the bakery.

Milford
“Nice portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Food was good and we got $10 off from the Best Western to use which we needed since the prices were outrageous for breatkfast