“Lost in the fifties !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Echo Village Budget Motel

Echo Village Budget Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Winchester
Echo Village Budget Motel
You added Echo Village Budget Motel to your Saves list
3632 Valley Pike, Winchester, VA 22602   |
Ranked #21 of 27 Hotels in Winchester
“Lost in the fifties !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

I love these nostalgic motels. There always a deal 36 bucks! For this one. They only had one smoking room left when I checked in. Being a non smoker. I took it anyway. For the
Money, I can put up with the smell. But the staff said I could check it out before I paid. I did and It wasn't bad. So I took it. Room 28. It was clean and comfy. It had a window air that worked good. New flat screen tv. Nice fridge and microwave. No phone but who needs it anyway. We all have our own. The bed was ok. It was hard just like I like it. The room had flooring that looked like it belonged in the Brady bunch house. Loved it. It was clean tho. Now the bathroom. It had this crazy tile. it was so cool looking. The shower was nice and hot. Just don't use the paper bath matt. It dosent last long. Lol. I paid cash for
My room and I had to go get some towels. They do require a deposit for them. So don't let it bother you. The big chains ask me for a credit card even tho I paid cash. Same thing here. I would
Book this every night across the country if I could. Big savings. I hate spending 80 to a 100 bucks a night for the same service. You want to save some money stay here For 36 Or spend 120 at holiday inn.

Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Warrenton, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

will never stay again,nasty smelly rooms ,for the price.i was not pleased at all. needs updated badly. gave away my room w/ a deposit !!!!! I have stayed a lot of places but this place takes the cake. the staff were nice. but somebodys not doing their job .I feel if you are going to have a business it needs to be clean, updated,and pleasant. the onil thing good was that it was pet friendly!!!

Room Tip: don't stay
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Addison, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

For the area I was unable to find a better price with no notice. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They accommodated the large boat I was hauling with no issue.

The good: The bathroom looked somewhat remodeled and clean. The area seemed safe and everyone we encountered were friendly. The window in the room actually opens.

The bad: The beds were wore out. The bedding was old with burn holes and fuzz all over. The floors were too dirty for bare feet. It has a window unit AC that had trouble keeping it cool (However it was 94-95 degrees that day.) I did noticed that it has the "old school" radiator style heating system and like most motels in the region it has a heat lamp in the bathroom.

The worst: Something in this room had our eyes burning. After we opened the window and let the room air out a bit this was no longer an issue.

Room Tip: If you have children ask to see the room first. Our room had a painting that was pretty provocative...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Stayed at this motel a few times now and its always the best deal in the area! The rooms are constantly being improved, I love the new upgrades, the new flat screens, microwaves, fridges, WiFi make the deal for me at $36 a night. The rooms are always clean and the atmosphere is quiet and safe. The one piece of advice that I would give is that if you are looking for $150/night hotel service then you should probably go to the hotel and pay the $150, but if you are looking to save some money, get a hot shower, and some sleep before getting back on the road then I would highly recommend it staying at this motel :)

Room Tip: Ask for room 120 and 122
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I spent one night here and would never go back. The motel is old and out of date, no phone in the room, old baseboard heaters and very low quality. Residence behind hotel had several dogs that barked all night. Has turned more into low income housing than a motel. Stay away.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Abington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Echo Village Budget Motel, Winchester is the worse place you can stay. The staff was very rude and the owner was a real B----!! You have to put an 8 dollars deposit down for one set of towels , If you need TP that's 25 cents a roll and for a trash bag is 15 cents. And you need to to clean your own room and mop. I will never stay there again,

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Winchester, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

This is a nice family owned motel. I stayed here many times and I am very pleased with the customer service. For a single room they charge 36.90 thats with tax included. I have never had a problem with them or their rooms. The people at the front desk are very pleasant, a lady named Sam also helped me with directions to the closest Bar downtown. This motel is an older building, but the rooms inside are very clean and they come with a flat screen TV and a lot of movie channels. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to Echo Village Budget Motel? Share your experiences!