“It is a nice, clean place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #16 of 27 Hotels in Winchester
Chesterfield, Virginia
“It is a nice, clean place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

My family stayed here for a baseball tournament. I get a little nervous staying at the discount brand hotels - it seems you never know what you are going to get. But this place is fine. Rooms are really small but we were only in the room to sleep. The knob on the shower needed fixing but we were able to manage. I am a Rewards member and the staff was kind enough to give us a late checkout. I'd stay here again if I were traveling for the same reasons. BTW, they do allow pets and we had some barking dogs in the middle of the night.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
ringwood
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Always stay at the TPS when driving on I-81. Since they are suites with a kitchen we often shop for food at the Martins across the way and prepare our meal at the hotel. There is also a gas station in the plaza along with a Starbucks and a few other small eating establishments. Workout room is small but adequate.

• Stayed May 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here traveling back home from a business trip. I checked in at 9:40pm. The front desk employee was very friendly and quickly got me registered. When I walked down the hall to the elevator, I started to notice the hotel was in need of attention. White walls and doors had dark smudges around the handles or even hand prints. The buttons on the elevator were smudged by oily fingerprints. When I got to my room, it smelled like stale cigarette smoke...in a non-smoking room. The ottoman which had pleather sides was cracking and showed a lot of wear. The bed was comfy, the a/c worked, and I had hot water so I had what I needed. The hotel does need some Spring Cleaning.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
jose h, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Winchester, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
We are sorry to hear this. Please be assured that this is a rare occurrence; our associates are always encouraged to uphold our "Spirit To Serve" to ensure they are providing our guests with cleanliness and the type of service normally associated with Marriott. Thank you for your feedback. We do hope to serve you again in the future.
Leverett, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights while traveling in the area. As expected, and why we choose Marriott properties - the service was good, the bed comfortable and the room clean. We prefer to stay in suites when we can - as we like to have the kitchen and amenities of home. This kitchen was nicely appointed with full stock of dishes, cookware, etc. The refrigerator was a good size. The closet was large. If you are traveling in the area on business, this would be a good property to stay at for an extended period. There is also a nice common deck area outside with tables and a sizable gas grill for use by guests. It is close to restaurants, shopping, and I-81.

Room Tip: I would choose a room on the back side of the hotel next time. The front side gets light and some n...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Glastonbury, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

Overall, we had a positive experience. We were greeted warmly at checkin and acknowledged as someone who had stayed at this facility before.

We have stayed several times while traveling at this pet friendly facility. When checking in this time, I was advised that there would be a $75 non-refundable charge! When I protested that this had never happened before on my previous stays, I was advised that this was a new policy. It was waived for this stay. While this type of fee might be appropriate for an extended stay, it eliminates our staying here again for an overnight stay!

Stayed May 2014
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

My family of four stayed one night on a drive to NW Pennsylvania. Easy to find off I-81. Ample parking. The main entry does not have automatic doors, so you may need assistance if you have quite a bit of luggage (hotel does have luggage carts). The lobby is small, basic, but very clean. We stayed in a two-bedroom suite. Worked great for us. Each bedroom has a flat-screen TV, as does the living area. The living area also has a sofa bed. The kitchen is well-equipped with medium-sized refrigerator, small stove, sink, and dishwasher. The bathroom is conveniently located at the end of the main hallway and is divided into two areas, shower/toilette and vanity, separated by a door. The free breakfast is very basic and does not offer much variety. I recommend fixing your own in your room or going to a restaurant (there is a Waffle House within walking distance). The service was very good. Both ladies at the front desk at check-in/check-out were friendly and definitely customer-service oriented.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
jose h, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Winchester, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at our hotel. We are delighted that your stay with the TownePlace Suites Winchester was enjoyable and convenient.

Jose Herrera
Sterling, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We have always had a very good experience with all Marriott brand hotels. When making reservations, this particular hotel showed New! and Pet friendly. We were staying here the last night of our road trip around VA, and to attend a funeral the next morning.

When we arrived to the hotel, around 8pm, the front desk manager told me that there was a mix up, they were overbooked and that our room had been given to someone else, so they needed put us in a handicapped accessible room on the first floor.

I had requested and reserved a King Bed and a Crib and none of those were available. Adam (I believe was his name) found us extra pillows to put our son in the pull out sofa bed, which was ok.

When we got to the room, there were a few Sting Bugs :( and the rooms were not as New as advertised. The wall under the bathroom sink was coming off, the kitchenette area needs better up-keeping. Besides, we could hear everybody passing/walking by our room and the people "Stomping" at 5am, in the room above us woke us all up!!!! :( to the point that we had to call the front desk. (pointless though) UGH!

Not too many options for breakfast either.

We were not 100% happy, as we normally are with Marriott hotels. :(

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to TownePlace Suites Winchester? Share your experiences!