“Nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 27 Hotels in Winchester
Nashville, Tennessee
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Not a top of the line hotel, but was clean and friendly. The rooms were a nice and spacious and well kept. Water pressure from the bathroom sink was really low for some reason, but shower water pressure was good. Our AC unit worked, but was a little noisy. Breakfast was ok; would have liked to have had fresher fruit. Beds were comfortable and room was quiet. Hotel is in a decent location with good parking.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I almost stayed at the holiday inn or courtyard but this was a better location for me. It was a good choice as the beds were comfortable, the rooms were clean and it was about $20 cheaper. Not to mention the full kitchen. I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed April 2013
Kansas City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Great price. Nice, clean, spacious room. Typical Marriott bed - super comfy! Friendly and accommodating staff. Convenient parking lot parking. When traveling around this area, will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Chattanooga, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

My wife and I decided to stop in this quaint town to explore and enjoy the beautiful Shenandoah Valley. The Marriott is to be expected...nice size rooms, convenient kitchenette, and clean. Cleanliness is always very important! Although this is not an upscale hotel it is nice for the price. P.S beds are a definite grade C....beware for those of you with back problems.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Meriden, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night while driving from TN to CT. We did not have a lot of time to book and did it over the phone about 10 minutes before arriving. We found the hotel very convenient, just off the expressway and close to restaurants, shopping and gas stations. We had our cat with us, had just driven seven hours and needed a comfortable place to stop for the night. We got exactly that and more. Check in was fast and the lady at the front was very friendly and helpful. We were also able to get a room that had a king size bed despite the last minute booking. They gave us no issues with our cat at all. The room was large and very clean as was the bathroom. We found the bedding clean and the mattress comfortable. Check out was fast and simple. We were also put in a great mood by the cleaning lady who we had a great conversation with us in the elevator on the way down. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. In my opinion it would be a great place to stay for a night like we did or for longer.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We arrived in a late-winter snowstorm and found the room very nice, with a kitchen which came in handy for making a snack. Everything was clean and in working order. The breakfast lady started breakfast early the next day because of the weather, which was good as we wanted to get an early start. There was plenty of variety including waffles.

Room Tip: All rooms have kitchens.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Briarcliff Manor, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was the worst hotel experience of my life. My teenage daughters and I were on our way home and needed a clean, safe room. Usually Marriotts are a reliable choice, but I will never stay at this property again. Our first room had dirty sheets on the bed. When called, the young man at the desk offered to bring me clean sheets. Since I don't stay in hotels to change my own sheets, I asked for a different room. When the girls and I got to the room, the door was open. I went in. The curtains were blowing because the heat was turned up very high. The pillows on the bed had been rearranged like someone had just been sitting there. The bathroom had clearly just been used. So I called the young man at the desk and asked if there wasn't someone already staying in this room. No, he said. Well, I am a little freaked out, because someone was obviously just here! We agreed he'd give me another room. Room three had faulty electrical sockets that shocked my daughter when she plugged in her phone to charge! I was at the end of my rope. So was the young man. He looked at me and said, what do you want? I said, I want a clean, safe room that no one else has just been in and that won't harm my daughters or me. He wasn't happy but he did give me the key to a fourth room. He called me to tell me the room would be comped, which was the least the management could have done, but the next morning another young man seemed very confused by exactly which room should be free. The manager called my husband and said she'd investigate, but she never did get back to us. Avoid this place!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to TownePlace Suites Winchester? Share your experiences!