“Aloft Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Montgomery, Alabama
“Aloft Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Different sort of "modern" decor but an overall good experience. Room was clean with nice large screen TV but did lack some basics. For example, the only chair was a office type desk chair. Could have used a comfortable chair with a reading lamp. Also no information in the room on the town or dining options. Breakfast bar in lobby was sparse and pay as you go. However there are several good breakfast places nearby.

Room Tip: Elevator is at one end of the building which makes for a very long trek to the far end where our roo...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Chris K, Manager at aloft Winchester, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Hi!
Thanks for taking the time to tell everyone about our hotel! I'll see what I can do about adding a reading chair into some of our larger rooms - great suggestion! Keep them coming! Safe travels, and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Baltimore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

From the outset, Aloft resembles every other chain hotel. However, that quickly dissipates when stepping inside. The décor is 'ultra modern meets art deco meets psychedelic' and is what gives this hotel a unique feel. The rooms are clean and well maintained and contain everything that is necessary for a comfortable stay.

The breakfast is also much better than what is available elsewhere and you can 'build' your own breakfast.

What could make this hotel truly exceptional is if the staff were more engaging. They were neither rude nor friendly but it made for a bit of a cold reception.

Overall this hotel is a great price for the money and is much better than any chain hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Chris K, Manager at aloft Winchester, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Hi! Thanks for your thoughts about our hotel! I'm the new General Manager here, and I'm really excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay! I'll work with the Aloha Desk team to pep it up a bit. Feel free to give me a call anytime if you have any other observations to share!
BRIGHTON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

My first exposure to Aloft. It is unlike any other hotel that I have stayed at -- in a good way. Sort of "art deco". Very friendly, responsive staff. Room was fairly large with comfortable bed. Well appointed. Breakfast was available on a "build your own" basis. You pay for things a-la-carte. Price of hotel room was reasonable -- good value. The location of the hotel was very good, with ready access to I-81.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi!
Thanks for taking the time to let us know what you thought of the hotel! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Feel free to give me a call any time if you have any other thoughts or observations you'd like to share! Safe travels!
Harrisonburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

My boyfriend and I went to Winchester to stay a night and celebrate our six month anniversary. I looked at hotels and reviews online and chose Aloft. We were glad to see how nice it was! It has a very modern, almost futuristic look. Very nice king bedroom. Close to many stores and restaurants. We were next to the road so we heard traffic, especially in the morning, but it didn't bother us. Would def ask to be away from the main road if the noise bothers you. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone traveling with family, bf/gf, spouse or by themselves. They allow pets too! Also have a nice. gym, indoor pool, pool table, and lounge.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Chris K, General Manager at aloft Winchester, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Nicky,
Thank you for your kind words! I'm really excited that you enjoyed your stay this week. Please don't hesitate to contact us the next time you need a night away!
Hampton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I have stayed in quite a few hotels and this one by far is the best! Staff was great the hotel itself was very modern. Rooms were comfy i didnt wanna leave the hotel to do anything!!! GREAT GREAT i will be returning soon!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Chris K, General Manager at aloft Winchester, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Ashtan,
Thank you for your kind words! I'm the new General Manager here, and I'm stoked to hear that you had such a great stay. Keep us in mind the next time you're in town!
Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

This is a nice motel. Very close to many restaurants. The rooms are big and the shower is great. There is only one thing that I would complain about is there is one woman that works at the front desk that just don't what she is doing or don't care or both. I'm here on business and am staying for several weeks. When i checked in the man that took care of me(Scott) was very nice and helpful to my needs. See I needed to pay weekly and get a receipt and the end of each week. Well at the end of the first week I went to get my receipt and this woman acted like was bothering her. At first she said she can't do this until I check out. I explained that Scott said it would be no problem and this made her even more unhappy. Finally she gave me a receipt and charged me for eight days instead of seven. I though O well it will work out ok. This was Sunday. I went to town and come back and my key didn't work so I went to get it fixed. When I got into the room it had not been cleaned so I caught the made and she said I was supposed to check out. Boy did the woman skew everything up. I'v seen her a couple more times and she always having trouble with someone. Maybe she is new. I just hope this Sunday someone else is working

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Steve,
Thank you for your kind words about Scott. I'd love the opportunity to talk to you in person about the rest of your stay. I'm new here, and the more feedback I can get, the better! Give me a call if you'd like to talk.

Thanks!
Cornelius, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I promised my wife I would wait a couple weeks to "cool off" before contacting or reviewing this hotel. There are words that can describe my feelings, but they are not appropriate for Tripadvisor. We have stayed at this hotel before and love that they don't charge for pets. This last trip home for Christmas (~10 hour drive for us) we decided to stop here yet again. I booked a room on their website, but the page was acting up and did not give me a confirmation. We were very close when we booked the room so we figured we would just sort it out when we got there. I go in and the woman at the front desk was frantic. I told her that I had booked a room, but had trouble with the website. She proceeded to tell me that , "They need to stop accepting web reservations!" I told her my name and she said that without proof of my reservation they couldn't give me a room. She proceeded to tell me that they "DID have rooms" but that "The rooms were dirty and there was no one there to clean them." She said that, "We don't even have enough clean rooms for guests that have confirmed rooms." The bartender was leaving and she was the only employee left. Meanwhile, my pregnant wife and my dog were in the car. Having a dog means that it is a lot harder to find a hotel and having a pregnant wife means that everything is just a little more stressful. Then, randomly she looked at the screen and called a room and asked the person that had answered what he was doing in that room and "How did you get in there". She then realized she had made a mistake and apologized and hung up. Very strange. I would not have been mad if the website didn't tell me twenty minutes prior that there were rooms available and if the front desk person hadn't told me that they do in fact have rooms. Thankfully, the guy at Wingate was great and got us in painlessly. I really hope they get their act together because this used to be a great place to stop.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at aloft Winchester, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear Marley S,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay. We thank you for continuing to think of us as you're traveling through the area however disheartened to hear you didn't have a good stay this time around. We're sorry for the service you experienced as we strive to provide great customer service to all our guests. We would like to discuss your experience with you personally. Please reach out to our General Manager, Chris, at Chris.kilkus@hawkeyehotels.com. Thank you and we hope to hear from you soon.

Been to aloft Winchester? Share your experiences!