“Decent Place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 27 Hotels in Winchester
Woodstock, United States
“Decent Place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Not a high end hotel, but it is decent enough for you to enjoy your stay. I stayed at the top floor, I enjoyed good view, all the staff members were very nice, including the house keeping staff. You will get good value for your money.

Room Tip: upper floors are the best
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
GeneralManager1204, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Winchester, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear Sam S,

I know you have many hotel options when staying in Winchester and want to thank you for your business and taking the time to share your stay. I’m glad to hear you stay was an enjoyable one and that our staff was friendly and welcoming. I hope to see you next time you’re in town and that we will be able to go above and beyond to provide you with a five star stay!

Rick.Ferree@Hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

This was my first visit to this particular HGI. I requested a suite during my stay however the hotel failed to obliged my request or even respond. I found this quite troubling and concerning hoping that my stay would not end up with regret. I received a standard room per my reservation and was happy. The beds at HGI are extremely comfortable which makes it hard in the morning to leave. All in all I enjoyed my stayed as it was close to a restaurant/bar next door. I didn't have the chance to try out the gym or bfast buffet as I had hoped.

There are several restaurants and stores nearby to choose from.

I definitely recommend this property to anyone traveling in the Winchester area. You can't go wrong with Hilton Brand hotels.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Randy W,

Thank you for your review, we always love hearing back from our guests and your response is greatly appreciated. I apologize that we were not able to accommodate our upgrade request during your stay with us but am happy to hear that your room was comfortable and satisfying. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of our location and perhaps the next time you stay with us, you'll be able to squeeze in some time for the fitness center and breakfast. We'd love to have you back!

Nokesville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Great hotel and room. But the price was a little steep. The a/c unit seemed to overheat and set off the smoke detector. There was no fire, but it was enough to scare me and make the room smell horrible.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Lauren M,

Thank you for staying with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Winchester and for sharing your feedback with other TripAdvisor users. I apologize for the trouble you experienced with the HVAC unit in your room, I will be sure to pass on your experience to our maintenance department so the problem can be avoided in the future. Guest comfort is of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide a safe and welcoming environment. Thank you, again, for staying and I hope you will choose us again in the future so we can make your guest room experience the best it can be.

Albany, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

The Hilton Garden Inn was very comfortable and clean. The breakfast was great and there are several restaurants in the area. The customer service is top notch. The pool and rec. area were clean and convenient.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear Alexander L,

Thank you for taking the time to share you stay! We always enjoy hearing back from our guests, it gives us a chance to see how we are performing. I am happy to hear you found your room, as well as our fitness center and indoor pool to your liking. I’m especially pleased to hear that the service you received during your stay was so superb! I appreciate your TripAdvisor review and hope to see you in the near future.

Orange, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

First the complaints: I will never understand why the Hilton chain operates on the basis that the more the room costs (or the higher the 'grade' of the hotel) the fewer the amenities offered. I was seriously put out to learn that there was no complementary breakfast and no free Wi-Fi ! Really? Even at the reduced block rate we paid because of being with a wedding party, this was not an inexpensive place to stay and I would have booked at the Hampton Inn across the street had I known.

That out of the way, I will say that the rooms were pleasant and comfortable (even if the sleep number bed didn't seem to do anything when adjusted - this was observed by others too - some worked, some didn't). The pod-style coffee maker was a nice touch since my husband didn't have to wait while I finished my pot of regular before he could get his decaf.

The staff were lovely and helpful, another factor observed by most in our group. So, on the whole our stay was pleasant, but we probably wouldn't stay here again - for over $100 a night I expect at least a waffle and Wi-Fi!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear MadArchaeo,

Thank you for taking your recent stay with us. I sincerely appreciate your feedback and am very sorry we did not exceed your expectations. I am glad you found your room to be comfortable and that our staff was kind and welcoming. Let me apologize for the problems you experienced with your mattress adjustments. Our stay works hard to make sure each guest stay is as comfortable as possible but without a good night’s sleep I understand that we can’t provide the experience we strive to. Though we do offer an upgraded internet package, we always offer complimentary WiFi throughout our hotel to all our guests. If you choose to stay with us in the future our Front Desk staff would be happy to help you log in. Again, thank you for your stay and comments.

Charlottesville VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

The Hilton Garden Inn in Winchester pretty much checks all the "desirable" boxes for the traveling couple. Clean, quiet rooms with comfortable beds. Substantial fluffy pillows (and more delivered for the asking). A good location surrounded by competent dining options. And a location convenient to the interstate for continuing your trip on I-81. The staff was courteous and friendly too.

Room Tip: We chose a room far away from the elevator and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear tanuki56,

Thank you for your kind review! I was thrilled to read the feedback you provided about your stay. We always aim to exceed our guest’s expectations and I am glad our staff took good care of you and your experience was so exceptional. I am happy to hear you found the location to your liking. Being in town yet not far from the interstate makes our hotel the perfect choice for anyone coming to the area on business or traveling for leisure. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future!

Manassas, Va.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I have stayed here probably a total of 10-15 weeks in the last couple of years. I've gotten to know many of the employees over this time. I've dealt with Vicky, front desk manager, the most and she is a very pleasant person to work with. Of course Hilton seems to do a good job in hiring good people overall. The rooms seem well insulated with noise almost never an issue. If you like to sleep in ask for a room on the front side. When I've been on the back I've been woken by a trash truck dumping a dumpster in a business located to the back of the hotel around 5 AM. I'm normally up by this time so it's mainly not a problem. If this hotel has a weakness it's the AC. After you leave the room for a bit it goes into some kind of energy mode meaning the room warms up. I've found if you are there on a real hot day you can call the desk and they can reset the AC from the desk meaning your room will start cooling down.
The breakfast here is a pay restaurant. It's not bad but the restaurant has some pretty lousy danishes and such and have the entire time I've stayed here. I generally just bring some Yogurt with me for my room. The location is good as you're near all kinds of restaurants and stores with several restaurants next to the hotel. The area is a busy area and getting out of the road the hotel is on can be tough at times. You are a short drive from the historic downtown and close to I 81 and I 66. There are many more benefits to this hotel than negatives and the employees are the top positive.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front may be quieter.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business