“Great visit” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Winchester
virginia
“Great visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Employees friendly, courteous, knowledgable of area. Room very comfortable. Breakfast excellent, wish I had tried dinner the night before. I will most definitely be returning next time I need to head to the mountains!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

GeneralManager1204, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Winchester, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear ayelovechris,

It's great to hear that your experience with us was such an enjoyable one! Thank you for your review, we always love hearing back from our guests and your response is greatly appreciated. We've just updated our dinner menu and added some great new dishes, so I hope next time you are with us you will be able to take advantage of our in house restaurant. Thank you for your business. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Rick.Ferree@Hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Just stopped for an overnight stay. However, found the staff to be very friendly and it is right off the highway with plenty of restaurant options nearby. I had a good night's sleep and a liesurely morning before heading off to the next destination.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

GeneralManager1204, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Winchester, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Hilton Garden Inn. It is really a pleasure to hear that we were able to make your short stop so pleasant! Reviews like yours lets me know that my staff is doing a great job of providing top notch service!

Thank you for your review, we always love hearing back from our guests and your response is greatly appreciated. I hope you'll choose to stay with us the next time you are in the area!

Hilton Head Island, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Awesome location, easy access to interstate and secondary roads, great beds, good, helpful staff. Very clean, fresh linens and decent towels Lots of commerce in the area to choose dining, entertainment and shopping from. Breakfast was cooked to order and was fantastic.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Ruthe R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with TripAdvisor! It's so wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I'm glad to hear everyone, from our housekeeping staff preparing your room to the breakfast team preparing your meal, took good care of you. I know they work very hard each day to make every guest stay enjoyable and it sounds liek they did that for you and your family!

I hope you'll stop and see us again soon! Again, thank you for your comments and for your business.

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We were very impressed with the Garden Inn. We were only there one night on our way to NYC for the holidays. The hotel had made an error with the reservation but the front desk fixed it without any hassles. The room was nice and so was the indoor pool. No complaints.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
GeneralManager1204, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Winchester, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Dear AMSMike08,

Thank you for taking the time to share you stay! We always enjoy hearing back from our guests, it gives us a chance to see how we are performing and I'm happy to hear the Front Desk staff was able to take care of any problems with your reservation. I am also glad to hear you were able to take advantage of our indoor pool, it's a great feature for traveling families and I hope yours enjoyed it!

Thank you for your stay! I hope you will be able to stay with us again in the future!

Fredericksburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I stay at HGI whenever I can. However the Winchester HGI uses so much bleach in the sheets that I can smell it all night. Also, there is a banging in the HVAC or outside the window of room 322. Other than that, I enjoy the convenience of the in-house restaurant.

Room Tip: There are train tracks at the west end of the building.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Peter O,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for your comments. I am disappointed to hear that your stay with us did not meet the first-rate standards that we aim every day to provide. I will be sure to have our maintenance department look into the noise problems you experienced with the HVAC unit. I understand getting a good night's sleep is one of the most important qualities for our guests and I am sorry you didn't experience a good night's sleep while with us.

I hope you will give us a chance to create a superior stay next time you are in town! Again thank you for your comments.

Winchester, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

The building is spacious and clean, the rooms very nice and well appointed. Food is great, but best of all is the great staff, little things that make a stay pleasant (greeting you by name, offering recommendations on local dining, etc) really make this a great choice for a stay. Also hosted a wedding reception here, the pricing was great, the food and service above what I expected. No complaints of any sort!

Room Tip: The modest upgrade to a junior suite is well worth the money if you are staying for more than one ni...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Brandybild,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! I am so thankful you chose us to share in your special day! I am so glad to hear that both your experience with our events staff as well as your guestroom were so pleasant. Our staff is definitely our best asset and I will be sure to share your wonderful comments with them!

Again thank you for your comments and for your business! We hope to have you with us again in the future!

Avalon, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I have been staying at this hotel frequently due to business in the area. From my very first visit to my most recent (20th night) I have been treated as a valued guest. I have noticed that I am not necessarily getting special treatment and ALL of the staff is top notch in the way they treat every guest.

I should also mention that the Food and Beverage staff does a nice job with the menu!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManager1204, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Winchester, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Karen H,
Wow! Thank you for such a wonderful review! I appreciate you taking the time to share on TripAdvisor. Our staff is continually working to make our guests feel comfortable and taken care of and your experiences are indicative of their hard work. I love hearing that you feel at home while with us!
Thank you for your continued loyalty! We look forward to welcoming you back many times this year and keep a look out for some great new additions to our restaurant menu for the new year!

Rick.Ferree@Hilton.com

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Winchester? Share your experiences!