“Excellent place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Book now and save 25%
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Winchester
Certificate of Excellence 2014
West Monroe, Louisiana
“Excellent place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I travel a lot on business and I usually try to always stay at Hilton properties whenever I can. I have stayed at this particular hotel for over 80 nights since the first of the year and have never had one complaint. Vickie has my key packet ready with a smile whenever she sees me come through the front door. Beds are comfy, rooms are spacious, hotel is very quiet, and the "cooked to order" breakfast is great. About the only thing I would improve on is maybe the pillows. Other than that, this hotel should be #1.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

This is on my route and on several occasions my family has stopped here to unwind between days driving.

On every visit the staff has been nice and the indoor pool has been a great way to burn off energy after being in a car all day.

The restaurant in the lobby is above average and incredibly convenient. When you book it is worth asking about the bed and breakfast deals - we often choose this and get a much better deal on breakfast than if you just head down in the morning and purchase straight away.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Even though there was a very bad storm the night we stayed, the hotel and staff did an excellent job. Our stay was very comfortable and the hotel staff was ready to care for us should there be a difficult weather situation. They kept us advised, kept us off of the elevator and directed us to the lobby should it get worse and should the power go off. The room was clean and comfortable and the rate was acceptable.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Manassas, Va.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

Here for my last day after being here for a week. The hotel is nice and clean in appearance and well decorated. The staff was very nice and professional and treated me well. My room AC worked less than very well and the staff had to keep doing a reset on the computer each afternoon or the room would get too warm. I should have moved the first day but I was already unpacked. Next time I'll make the move right away. I ate breakfast here daily. It was typical for the most part. The "Fresh" pastries were anything but. Not very good and pretty stale. I asked for eggs scrambled well one day and they were so soft I couldn't eat them. The guy cooks some excellent Bacon though. The oatmeal wasn't all that good and the Nuts that sat by them were very stale. I try and eat Oatmeal daily but theirs wasn't very good. I never ate dinner here. Overall I liked this place and I've already booked it for some upcoming work later this summer.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Allentown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Requested a room months before my stay date - always away from the elevator. My room was NEXT to the elevator and the hotel was sold out, so I couldn't move. Screeching and beeping all night long through the wall next to my head. Had to go to the drug store to buy ear plugs, which were not offered in the hotel lobby store. Beds are comfy and full, but a bit lumpy in places. Also, the pool and whirlpool were cold and dirty, with no locker room to change. Fitness room was very small, but clean. Chef cooked a mean omellette, but waitstaff lacked personality and spunk. Went through 4 slices of moldy bread before I hit a clean piece for toasting. No bowls laid out for cereal. No silverware/placemats on bar. No coffee offered at bar, just tables - had to get a paper cup to get my own. Breakfast is NOT complementary here - for $10 pp, I expected more. Greeting/reception area was clean and staff was friendly and offered exceptional information. Would be wise due to their location to expand the pool/fitness area and add spa services to draw people in. For a Hilton, it's not up to par.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

The evening desk clerk was amazingly hospitable. We checked in with young kids late at night so we didn't have the desire for a prolonged check-in. He zipped us through so fast that the kids didn't even have time to stop walking! The breakfast staff was equally gracious and attentive. I wish all hotels were like this one!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Nice room with HBO & large bath. Friendly staff, good food.

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Winchester? Share your experiences!