“Was updated, comfortable, and breakfast exceeded expectations” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 25%
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Winchester
Seattle
“Was updated, comfortable, and breakfast exceeded expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

I stayed here for business and was PLEASANTLY surprised at how nice this hotel was. Everything in my room had been updated and everything actually WORKED. :) The bed was comfortable and the room was 100% spotless. The staff was great and the breakfast I had was awesome! I would definitely stay here again for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: I was on the 4th floor and things were quite quiet.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

The hotel has nice rooms, comfortable beds, but the pillows left a lot to be desired being soft and mushy. There is a mini fridge and microwave in the room and several nice touches including 2 bottles of water and mints. I also like it when there is a freezer area inside the mini fridge, which this one had. There is no fan in the bathroom and the shower head is powerful. In the morning it will run you no less than $10/person for breakfast at this place. I'm hoping my situation doesn't happen too often here, but I need to mention what happened. First, I was misinformed, or somehow I misunderstood the check-out policy. I had a 3 day reservation I made by phone w/ the understanding that I could check out before 6pm on any given night to avoid extra charges. Of course, my job assignment was transferred after the 1st night but I did not find out until 4pm. But I had to fight tooth and nail until the young red head behind the counter realized I was not going to pay for an unused night. I had to tell her to call her manager because our disagreement was going nowhere and because she insisted on charging my company credit card. I understand she was trying to uphold the rules, but in this instance, there should have been made an exception with a smile. I will never return to this hotel again simply because of this. And for the record, I stayed at The Marriott-Courtyard across town on a prior 3 day stay and it was much nicer, friendlier and newer at the same price I paid here per night. And I almost forgot to mention, I did not have to pay for the remaining unused nights per her manager.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
sherri_cooper, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Winchester, responded to this review, February 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn. I apologize for the miscommunication on our checkout policy. The hotel was sold out the night you wanted to leave and the housekeping staff had already gone home. On most occasions there is no problem with checking out at this time unless we need to rent the room to another guest on that night. I hope you will stay with us again.
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

I definitely would recommend this hotel to anyone as it was one of the best I've stayed in! It was clean, no odors, and best of all, I haven't slept so well in a long time!! The mattress was just right, and I woke up feeling really happy! I usually never dream, but that night my sleep was so deep I actually had dreams I could remember! My back also did not hurt, and I didn't have any headaches like I usually do when I stay in some hotels. The bathroom was very clean and spacious. Overall, it was extremely comfortable in every way! I will definitely stay here again when I am passing through Winchester. Another plus was the reasonable price! It was definitely worth it!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
sherri_cooper, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Winchester, responded to this review, February 6, 2012
Thank you for your comments with regard to your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Winchester, VA. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and you liked our beds.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn.

Regards
Arlington, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for 2 nights when visiting family in the area. We didn't spend too much time at the hotel because we were mostly with our family, but the hotel was a comfortable place to stay and we had no issues while there.

We arrived late on a Friday night and had a speedy check-in with a friendly woman at the front desk. We stayed in a suite with a king bed, which basically has a bedroom area with a bed and a tv and a separate sitting area with a couch, desk, and second tv. There is no door between the bedroom and sitting area, but the layout allowed plenty of space. The room was nothing fancy, but it was clean and the bed was comfortable.

There is a small fitness room and a pool/hot tub on the ground floor. The fitness room is small, with 2 treadmills, an elliptical, a bike, and some weights. But all the machines are new and the cardio equipment has individual tvs attached to the machines, which was very nice. It wasn't crowded during our stay so we were the only ones using the gym. The pool is also small, but it was nice to have one there and it was open until 10 pm. My husband and I used the hot tub, which was relaxing at the end of the day.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to people who need a comfortable place to stay in Winchester.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much for staying with us during your visit to Winchester. We're glad you decided to give us a try. Our staff tries to bring personal attention to every guest and I am very pleased you received this attention at the front desk.

Thanks again for the kind words and we really hope to see you on your next visit.

Sincerely

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

Clean room and very good service. Stayed here after driving most of the day through severe storms and nearby tornados and it was a very welcome destination. Breakfast was on par with most HGI’s though I recall instead of buffet style you put an order in and they bring you your food. Dinner food was above average. Great location right of the highway and it was around $100, can’t ask much more for a stop over in that area.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am glad you had a wonderful stay and I look forward to seeing you again. I appreciate your comment on the cooked to order breakfast and the service you received.

Warm Regards

Alexandria, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

Rating is based on other "like" Hotels.

Typical good Hilton bed...clean bathroom...responsive customer friendly staff. Decent on-site place to eat.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Winchester. I am glad you had a pleasant stay and I hope to see you again soon.
Savannah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

Our child is a student at Shenandoah University/Shenandoah Conservatory and have stayed at this hotel each time we come up to Winchester. It is consistently clean, the Front Desk has always been very friendly and helpful and we appreciate not having to pay for wireless internet. The location is literally minutes from campus as well as from all the stores you will need on move-in day!

Room Tip: There really does not seem to be a difference...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Winchester? Share your experiences!