“Excellent food and service!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza & Pasta
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
winchester, VA
“Excellent food and service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I'll have to say that the first time I dined at Umberto's I was a little worried about the ambiance since their outside tables are in the hallway of an old shopping mall and movie theater. Well, don't give it a thought! What the establishment lacks in atmosphere is far exceeded by their food! I have never had a bad meal here! Food is fresh and authentic Italian. I love love love the vegetarian lasagna! The side salad is quite large and fresh. Always a delight to dine at Umbertos!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Stephens City, Virginia
“i love pasta & pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I love Italian food, and Umberto's is the best that I have found in the area. I've been there about 5 times, and each time, I've left thinking that it was just as good as I had remembered. I haven't tasted anything that I didn't thoroughly enjoy. I would definitely recommend the Linguini with Carbonara Sauce from the Pasta a la Carte menu--it's excellent!!! The wait staff is extremely courteous, and the service is quite prompt. This is not only my favorite Italian restaurant in the area, it's my favorite restaurant, period. If you enjoy Italian food, this is the place for you. Hope you enjoy!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Morfelden-Walldorf, Germany
“Not so good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Several people tauted this as being really good, that was not my experience. I had a grilled chicken salad and it wasn't very good. I also asked for pissza bread and was served a hoagie with sauce. It was awful. Wouldn't eat there again.

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Charles Town, West Virginia
“Wow, this place is awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

I stopped in Umberto's pizza and pasta for the first time today. It turned out to be a fantastic place! The resturant setting has a clean, tasteful, italian atmosphere with beautiful large healthy plants surrounding the whole "outside" area, which is an enclosed area in a shopping center. The menu is very appertizing with reasonable prices and delicious choices.

They offer free wifi to their customers and the wait staff are friendly and well dressed. its the type of place you can stop in wearing jeans and a tee shirt or dress up for a date and fit in just fine. They have a sign saying visit their face book

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ithaca, New York
“Close to hotels off the Interstate”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

We order salads and pizza. The salad was very good but the House Ranch Dressing was bland. The Feta Pizza was good but I have had better. With the salads we should have ordered the small instead of the medium pizza as it would have been enough. We left almost half the pizza.

Visited April 2012