“Really good Thai” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 218 restaurants in Winchester
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery
Description: Full service restaurant with patio seating and full bar, featuring authentic Thai cuisine and drinks. Repeat winner: "People’s Favorite Restaurant” awards. Our diverse and flavorful menu has something for everyone, from mild to hot, vegetarian or not.
Annapolis, Maryland
“Really good Thai”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

In the middle of Saturday’s Hopblossom Festival in Winchester, our group of six decided on Winchester Thai for lunch, based largely on the TripAdvisor reviews and ranking. It did not disappoint.

We opted for an outside table, and the umbrellas only did so much to shield us from the sun. So I was VERY happy that the wait staff was very diligent about keeping water glasses filled … dehydration is a bad thing. Big kudos to the attentive wait staff!

Amazingly, none of us chose a typically spicy Thai dish, such as the curries. Noodles abounded at our table, along with a few appetizers for the lighter eaters. I was very pleased with my Pad See Ew; I love those thick, broad rice noodles, and the seasoning was spot on. A couple plates of Pad Thai also turned up on the table. Fried foods were light and crisp, no signs of grease. The chicken satay was tender, cooked through but not overcooked.

I should mention that, when you visit Winchester Thai, be sure to come on an empty stomach. Portions are really generous here. And this isn’t quantity to make up for a lack of quality … it was an abundance of goodness.

Now that Winchester Thai passed the “noodle test,” I’m ready to head back and sample more of their menu. If only Winchester wasn’t a two hour drive.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

90% Recommend
Shanghai, China
“Quite Simply the Best Thai Food Around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My wife and I both love Thai food and when I stumbled onto this restaurant we were very pleasantly surprised. It's amazing. We've both been to Thailand several times and can attest, without hesitation, Thai WIncester is the best Thai food we've had in metro DC area. The papaya salad was very fresh and appropriately spicy. Chciken satays were perfectly grilled and the dipping sauces were amazing. Our entrees came out piping hot and very well presented. We're already planning our return.

Visited June 2013
New York City, New York
“Thai Win!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

The food is outstanding and service is pretty good and quite fast. The food comes out quite fast, too which is convenient. Not much of an atmosphere, though. The tables are gorgeous with sparkles in them, but just the arrangement of tables and decor is pretty bland considering the cost of the restaurant overall. Still, it's reliably tasty Thai food with good service!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“So good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

So I'm the picky adult eater of our family, but I'm trying. My previous experience with Asian cuisine had been plenty of so-so Chinese restaurants and a couple aborted attempts at sushi. Thai food was intimidating, is what I'm saying. Hot, really hot, that was my only expectation. So wrong! Wonderful, interesting, beautiful dishes both times my wife and I have been. I honestly had no clue coconut-based sauces could be so ridiculously good. Curries are spicy, but get yourself a Tiger beer or two to go with it and you'll be all set. Truly wonderful service, great location on newly redone Old Town Winchester, just awesome.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
NJ
“Good Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were in town for a wedding and chose this based on TA reviews (thanks everyone!). There were six in our party, all pretty familiar with Thai food. The menu is pretty broad and varied - the usual traditional dishes and some more expense specialties of the chef. We mostly ordered curries, etc. All the dishes I tried were really good -- nicely spicy and not too sweet. Service was efficient and friendly and very patient and willing to explain for folks not familiar with Thai food. Location is very nice on the new walking mall.

• Visited May 2013