“Wonderful milkshakes” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Stephens City, Virginia
“Wonderful milkshakes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

The hamburgers are ok, but the real hit of the Snow White Grill is their milkshake. Made with tons of ice cream and served cold and creamy. Absolutely essential summertime treat!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Stephens City, Virginia
“It's the classic old time burger joint.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Good Food. Bit high on the prices. It's the classic old time burger joint. Gets very crowded at lunch. Winchester Institution for over 50 years.

Pittsburgh PA
“Tucked away in the Pedestrian Mall but don't miss it.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We were visiting Winchester for the Winefest weekend. We spent Friday walking the mall area and the historic sites. We were debating, walking back and forth and decided to try the Snow White Grill. It is a tiny place, some limited seating out front with a take out window. We opted to go inside and sit at the counter. It is small, busy and just fun to be at. We could tell that alot of the locals, folks who work in the area frequent the grill. We didn't order burgers but a steak sub and a bbq pork sub. My husband and I shared so we could enjoy both. I ordered the steak with out hot peppers. It had lots of onions but they were good, not overpowering. The bbq came with slaw on it. It was good too. We also split and order of their onion rings. Everything was very good. The sandwiches were drippy, but good. Probably the only negative would be they use those small napkins in the dispensers on the counter. But it was fun to chat with the regulars, staff. We also got to watch them preparing a grill full of sliders and was disappointed that we couldn't watch to the completion. It was probably one of the highlights of our trip. It wasn't real romantic or someplace you would go to celebrate an anniversary but it was just fun and different. Which is what we kept saying through the weekend, we wanted to do something different. We were gald we made it part of our weekend.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manassas
“Patsy Cline Ate Here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

What a cute little establishment, conveniently located on the Winchester Pedestrian Mall! We bought a bag of cheeseburger sliders, fries, and a couple of large drinks for less than $30 and easily fed four. While limited indoor seating is available, we opted to order at the small window and get our order "to go." Service was pleasant and fast. Yes, the menu is limited, but, who cares? Loved the pics posted from back the day showing Patsy munching a burger while seated at the small inside counter. A true piece of Americana. Thoroughly enjoyable!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Winchester, Virginia
“Fantastic if you love oniony burgers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband really liked the burgers. I don't like onions in my food --yes, I know, I'm not in the majority--so I wasn't as fond of the food as he was.

However, visiting this little burger place is a great experience. You sit on a stool at the counter and watch the burgers being freshly cooked. You can talk with the other patrons and will find a wide range of visitors from all walks of life.

I know people who will drive from nearby towns and cities for one of these specially flavored little burgers.

For people who like White Castles, I think this would be a happy find. (I don't like White Castles.) I think these burgers taste better.

The staff is friendly and efficient. Price is right. This is an experience.

Visited February 2013