“Excellent choice!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #78 of 232 Restaurants in Winchester
Winburne
“Excellent choice!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

We stopped on the way back home to PA. My husband had the build your own grilled chicken. It was huge. And everything was cooked to perfection. The chicken was not pumped chicken. Always a plus in my book. I had a burger and that was fresh ground and nothing pumped in the meat. Love it, will always come back here on the way home from visiting my son in Richmond, VA!!!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Tasty Diner!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Enjoyed a steak cooked exactly to my liking with mashed potatoes and broccoli. Extremely tasty! My sister had a "Creature Double Feature" it was enormous...

Definitely worth the trip off I-81.

Bloomsburg, PA
“Great find off I-81”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Nice atmosphere reminiscent of 50's diner. Varied menu- we had sirloin tips, chili, catfish, big dog- all very good! Friendly, professional staff. Clean bathrooms. Easy access on/off I-81. Definitely add to road trip favorites.

“GREAT PLACE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Went in for a business lunch. They had several specials to choose from so we all tried something different and everyone agreed it was great. Servers were AWESOME and the sweet tea will float you out the door. Can't wait to go back after hours and try the 1.99 beer specials! Look this place up if you’re in town, neat place and the red and white tile with auto motif make it even cooler.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“A local Bar & Grill with good vibes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The wife and I pulled into the Comfort Inn in Winchester on a Saturday night after our second day of ten hour driving on our way home from Florida. Worn out and looking beat all we wanted was a place to grab a quick bite and a good glass of wine before hitting the sack. The Backseat Bar and Grill was close by and seemed to have good recommendations from previous TripAdvisors. We decided to chance it even though the location was stated as a diner in an industrial park. That part was correct; however it wasn’t a standalone diner, but a restaurant that looked like a diner inside an industrial building.

We entered what we thought was the front door, but which turned out to be the bar and pool room. Beyond the bar was the restaurant with booths and tables. The whole place had a red and white 50s theme to it. We were given a booth and looked over the menu which had an assortment of craft beers, but no wine. However my wife spotted a plastic table wine menu holder that contained about eight wines. Surprisingly there were two chardonnays listed at $5.00 a glass: William Hill and Kendall-Jackson. The William Hill is too oaky for our taste, but the Kendall is always our preferred alternative white. We both ordered a batch of the chicken wings which were the plumpest wings I have eaten in a long time. You have your choice of 7 different toppings or just plain. The wings were great.

The whole restaurant had a buzz about it, with the local clientele ranging from families with kids, to teenagers out on a date, to senior citizens. Everyone seemed to know each other and there was a lot of cross table conversations going on. I can’t vouch for the rest of the menu, but I left feeling I had stumbled upon a Bar & Grill that had the same feel as when I was a teenager in the 50s. Would I go back? Absolutely, But I’m hoping more TripAdvisor followers will visit and give us their feedback. Bottom line – A local establishment that feels like the bar & grill you would want back home.

• Visited April 2013