“Overnight along RT 81” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Winchester, VA

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Winchester, VA to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Winchester, VA
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   991 Millwood Pike, I-81 at Millwood Pike, exit #313/313-A, Winchester, VA 22602   |
Offers & Announcements
15% off your next stay
Ranked #19 of 27 hotels in Winchester
Susquehanna, Pennsylvania
“Overnight along RT 81”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a great stop while traveling along RT 81. The hotel is clean and the staff is friendly. It was very quite for the location. The price was very fair for the King Superior.There is afood and beverage near by. One thing Redroof lacks is breakfast but most if small hotels are not worth eating anyway. Their free coffee is very weak. Also not worth drinking.

Room Tip: King Superior has a Frig and Microwave
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

144 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Edgewater, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was disappointed to find no hair dryer or minifridge in our room. The room was just barely adequate. Although it did have a clean bathroom and good shower.I guess it was ok for the price, but we won't be back!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We, my wife and small dog have stayed here twice before and everything was ok. looks like new mgt. Place has gone down hill. dirty halls. dirty outside walks. room was basic clean. stains on floor. Do you ever check the air conditioner filter. you need to. ours was growing plants. We called the desk to see if we could get someone to clean it. We were told they would give us a brush and we could clean it ourself's . Well that didn't go over well. Wife took filter to desk and requested it cleaned. Will not stay at a red roof inn again!!

Room Tip: call ahead
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have stayed at this Red Roof Inn several times and have always been satisfied. The Inn is close to restaurants and stores. It is convenient for visiting in Winchester. We were very pleased with the cleanliness and comfort of our room. The continental breakfast was very satisfactory. Compared to places we stay while traveling this is one of the best.

Room Tip: Choose first floor if you have a pet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Charlton, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had booked the room 10 days before arrival for 3 adults & 1 dog, (12lbs) printed confirmation
page. When we arrived at motel I was charge $12 more. Disgusting trip, no coffee, breakfast only
served at 6am. We arrived at 6:340 pm & left at 3am the next morning.

I will not use red roof inn again & I am telling all my friends & family. VERY DISSAPOINTED.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Judy T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Winchester, VA, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thanks for letting us know what took place during the check in process. After looking at all the details we found that your reservation was made for 2 adults only. I'm sorry for any miscommunication may have happened while making a reservation. The GSR asked you to pay for extra person because it wasn't listed on your reservation. Also, coffee is available in the breakfast room 24hrs. I understand you had to leave at 3am but no hotel serves breakfast that early in the morning. We serve breakfast starting at6am and it goes till 9am. I'm very sorry if we disappointed you. I hope you try us again in the future and we can make it up to you in a good way. Thanks.

Judy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I'd been traveling for two weeks and staying in some not so great places. Big surprise: Red Roof Inn charges no extra fees for my two dogs! I'd been paying $20 per dog at other, MUCH less worthy motels. Clean, modern room. Comfortable bed. Breakfast was not great but met my expectations. Friendly staff. Stay at this motel. Thank you, Red Roof Inn Winchester!

Room Tip: Pet friendly rooms are grouped together so no one will complain if your dog barks occasionally.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Marathon, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We just stayed 7/24/14 in room 151, I noticed my ankles were beginning to itch, by 2:00am my dogs were itching, my husband was itching and I was a mess, we got up showered and left, I now am so bitten up that I may go to the doctors. My dogs are itching uncontrollable need a vet visit and they are on flee treatment. I have called to complain because there is something wrong. We also noticed an order, but we have stayed in pet friendly rooms before and there is sometimes an order.
We have stayed there before in room 153 and no problems.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
I'm very sorry for what took place during your stay. As per our conversation, we had room inspected and couldn't find bugs infestation in the room. As you said, you may have gotten bit by something while you were walking your dog around the property. I'm very sorry again and hope you try us again and hopefully you get to enjoy your stay. Thanks and see you soon.

Judy

Been to Red Roof Inn Winchester, VA? Share your experiences!