“Red Roof Winchester V” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Winchester

You added Red Roof Inn Winchester to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Winchester
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   991 Millwood Pike, I-81 at Millwood Pike, exit #313/313-A, Winchester, VA 22602   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #17 of 27 Hotels in Winchester
Norfolk, Virginia
“Red Roof Winchester V”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

We have stayed at this Red Roof Inn several times and have always been satisfied. The Inn is close to restaurants and stores. It is convenient for visiting in Winchester. We were very pleased with the cleanliness and comfort of our room. The continental breakfast was very satisfactory. Compared to places we stay while traveling this is one of the best.

Room Tip: Choose first floor if you have a pet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Judy T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Winchester, responded to this review, September 11, 2014
Thanks for your wonderful feedback. We appreciate your business and hope to see you soon.

Judy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Charlton, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

I had booked the room 10 days before arrival for 3 adults & 1 dog, (12lbs) printed confirmation
page. When we arrived at motel I was charge $12 more. Disgusting trip, no coffee, breakfast only
served at 6am. We arrived at 6:340 pm & left at 3am the next morning.

I will not use red roof inn again & I am telling all my friends & family. VERY DISSAPOINTED.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Judy T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Winchester, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Thanks for letting us know what took place during the check in process. After looking at all the details we found that your reservation was made for 2 adults only. I'm sorry for any miscommunication may have happened while making a reservation. The GSR asked you to pay for extra person because it wasn't listed on your reservation. Also, coffee is available in the breakfast room 24hrs. I understand you had to leave at 3am but no hotel serves breakfast that early in the morning. We serve breakfast starting at6am and it goes till 9am. I'm very sorry if we disappointed you. I hope you try us again in the future and we can make it up to you in a good way. Thanks.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I'd been traveling for two weeks and staying in some not so great places. Big surprise: Red Roof Inn charges no extra fees for my two dogs! I'd been paying $20 per dog at other, MUCH less worthy motels. Clean, modern room. Comfortable bed. Breakfast was not great but met my expectations. Friendly staff. Stay at this motel. Thank you, Red Roof Inn Winchester!

Room Tip: Pet friendly rooms are grouped together so no one will complain if your dog barks occasionally.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Thanks very much for recommending us to other pet owners. Glad you find us clean and reasonably priced. Your feedback is appreciated.

Marathon, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We just stayed 7/24/14 in room 151, I noticed my ankles were beginning to itch, by 2:00am my dogs were itching, my husband was itching and I was a mess, we got up showered and left, I now am so bitten up that I may go to the doctors. My dogs are itching uncontrollable need a vet visit and they are on flee treatment. I have called to complain because there is something wrong. We also noticed an order, but we have stayed in pet friendly rooms before and there is sometimes an order.
We have stayed there before in room 153 and no problems.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
I'm very sorry for what took place during your stay. As per our conversation, we had room inspected and couldn't find bugs infestation in the room. As you said, you may have gotten bit by something while you were walking your dog around the property. I'm very sorry again and hope you try us again and hopefully you get to enjoy your stay. Thanks and see you soon.

England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We selected this Red Roof because of it's location for what we were doing in Winchester. We were not disappointed. The staff were friendly and welcoming, the room was well appointed and very clean. We could not have chosen better for the price. We would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks very much for your kind words and positive comments.

Seymour, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

On route from Vermont to Tennessee, my brother-in-law suggested Red Roof. I travel with my dog and have not had good experiences at other hotels of this type (price range). It was very great, clean, and most importantly quiet. I will definetly search out Red Roof again. Try it.

Almost forgot, Jay helped me check in he was very professional.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
We appreciate your feedback and hope you continue to stay with in the future as well.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We have stayed at a lot of Red Roofs. We love them, but this place did not even seem like our Red Roofs. The moment we walked in we were just about knocked down from the smell. We turned the A/C up on high and eventually the smell was bearable. Beds slept ok, but the next morning when we went to get our shower, there was 2 wet towels hanging on the back of the door. Yuck!! They need to upgrade their place like the other Red Roofs have.

Stayed July 2014
Judy T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Winchester, responded to this review, September 18, 2014
We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Recently, we have upgraded some of our rooms with new bedding and TV's. Hope you give us another try in the future and we can accommodate you in a better way.