“Surprisingly nice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Winchester, VA

You added Red Roof Inn Winchester, VA to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Winchester, VA
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   991 Millwood Pike, I-81 at Millwood Pike, exit #313/313-A, Winchester, VA 22602   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #18 of 27 Hotels in Winchester
PA
“Surprisingly nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We needed a dog friendly hotel, and this one fit the bill nicely. No added pet fee. Priced lower than many other hotels in the area. The rooms were very nice. Actually nicer than the resort hotel we stayed in earlier in the week for 3x the money. My only concern was not with the hotel - but with fellow dog owners. Some of us sometimes NEED to travel with canines. Those of you NOT SCOOPING THE POOP and ruining things for everyone. Hotels like this are a gem. Treat it as such and clean up.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

The workers were friendly and pleasant. The room was clean. The bathroom was clean. Extra towels, shampoo and bars of soap were provided. The room even had a hairdryer. The internet is not password protected and it is by fat the fastest internet I've gotten at a Red Roof Inn, here are the http://speedtest.net results (http://www.speedtest.net…). One thing to note is that this Inn has TONS of big dogs. Just driving through the parking lot, we saw at least 10-15 large dogs. There was a dog show that weekend.

The spring bed was alright. Definitely not the best bed I've slept in. The other Red Roof Inns had better beds. If they were spring beds, couldn't feel the springs at all. Could feel the springs over here.

They have a decent sized area for you to eat the continental breakfast. They use Styrofoam bowls and plates. They had muffins, bagels, cereal, oatmeal, apples, orange and apple juice, hot water, coffee, and waffles. It's nothing fancy, just good enough to fill up your stomach before going on a hike =P

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Abington, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

relatively easy access from I-81. Helpful, friendly front desk staff. My only complaint was a peculiar odor somewhere around our room (might just have been a trash can near by
pet friendly, short list of rules posted at the front desk, all of which are very reasonable. I'd come back if i was in the area again

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Judy T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Winchester, VA, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Thanks for your kind words. We hope to see you in future travel.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I have stayed at this Red Roof location before and have always had a positive experience. Housekeeping did a great job keeping my room tidy. The front desk staff was has happy to go out of their way to ensure everything was up to my standards. I even received a phone call shortly after entering my room to ensure everything worked and that I was happy with the room. It's rare that I receive calls like that. I would certainly stay at this location again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thanks for your kind words about our staff members. I'm very glad to hear that you really enjoyed your stay. Please give us another chance in the future to serve you again. Thanks very much.

Upstate Ny
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

When we checked in, I was happy the room wasn't worse.
(Dog hair here and there, corners not vacuumed,
filthy mirrors, stains in the tub...ok...tried not to be too fussy for the price.)
When we tried the bed--it was hard, horrid, and felt like lying
on box springs. What the ?
IMMEDIATELY went to check out & was told NO REFUND,
even for the 2nd nite we had reserved.
Later via e-mail attempting to get a refund was told we
stayed the entire night so tough--still: NO REFUND.
So they not only have a lousy place, the desk clerk messes
up the records and says I stayed one night when I didn't?
What? The toilet was broken also and continued to run--
bad to worse experience. Best Western is about the same
cost (down the street) and 100% better!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
I'm very sorry to hear that you were not able to enjoy your stay with us. I want to let you know that recently we have made some changes in our housekeeping policies and we are doing everything we can to ensure that our guest don't run into any problems during their stay. I would like to encourage you to read our recent reviews on hotels.com or expedia.com to see that we have better reviews than best westren down the street from us. I hope you give us another chance in the future to earn your business back. Thanks.

Warner Robins, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Pro - Pet friendly for free, Kinda cheap if you have a coupon and if they accept it. Cons- smelly room, hard full size beds, no fridge no microwave, door hard to open an close, breakfast was bages, toast, little mini muffins, and two blah cerals, orange jucie tasted horriable

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thanks very much for leaving us a reviews for your stay. We will definitely try our level best to make sure rooms don't have any particular smell. I would like to make you aware that our deluxe rooms have a mini fridge-micro available but they are not the same price as our basic rooms. Thanks again and hope to see you soon.

Halifax, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Stayed one night May 2013. Should have checked out that evening. Check in was not friendly. Went to room and noticed that the box spring looked very old but the mattress was sealed in a clean cover. We were tired from many hours on the road so we stayed. Bathroom had cheap laminate over whatever it was hiding. It was not looking good. the ccarpet was sticky. Climbed into bed and could feel the mattress springs. We left at 6:20 am without touching the minimal breakfast. After a few minutes on the road a black spider fell from my head!!!! About 3 hours later a much larger one fell out of my hair. Needless to say I scratched in horror until I got my next shower!!!
There were many travellers stopping for the night!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Please accept our sincere apology for everything went wrong during your stay. You can read our reviews on hotels.com or expedia.com to see that our check in staff has been very friendly and helpful. Also, we have updated our mattresses in some rooms and we will be replacing some more soon. I hope that you try us again in your future travel needs.

Judy

Been to Red Roof Inn Winchester, VA? Share your experiences!