“What ever happened to the free pens?” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Winchester, VA

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Winchester, VA to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Winchester, VA
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   991 Millwood Pike, I-81 at Millwood Pike, exit #313/313-A, Winchester, VA 22602   |
Ranked #18 of 27 hotels in Winchester
L'Assomption, Canada
“What ever happened to the free pens?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We stopped by this hotel on our way home to Canada from our cruise in Fort Lauderdale. Well This Red Roof, disappointed us alittle. It really needs to be up dated! The carpet and walls need to be refresed and the bathtub could do with also being changed.

They are suppose to have 24 hour coffee in the lobby, my husband at 21:00 when we arrived, went to get a cup of coffee, and it was old and cold. The receptionist did not even offer to make a fresh pot!

Needed a pen, and to my surprise found that they only offered tiny little pencils, its not the price here, its just really cheap!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

118 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Pompano Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Was clean....smelled clean upon entering.
pet friendly and safe place to bring dog to go potty
Smoking policy was great. They made me sign a paper that if I smoked in room that was non smoking they could charge my credit card $ 100.00. More places should do that! I would stay again
Very affordable
great easy access from highway

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Bournemouth
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Very run down and old. The heater was faulty and would turn off randomly. I had to kill the 4 big bugs in the room myslef. Desperately needing an upgrade. I won't be back and the only reason I stayed was because I was tired and it was late. I would have walked away if travelling with my family.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

This place was conveniently located off interstate. They accept pets which is a plus. very rundown hotel. Smells in certain areas. They did have a breakfast which was convenient. Not very clean.. Don't know if I'd stay again..

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Bayside, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Don't waste your time or money on this dump! I'm at a loss to u derstand how anyone could say this place is good. The only positive is that it's cheap. The guy at the front desk had a very heavy accent and was extremely difficult to understand. The firsstroo I was given the key didn't work. The second had a huge spot on the door where the paint had peeled off. The door stuck so badly that I had to force it open and slam it hard to shut it. The room itself was clean but dibgy and smelled. If I hadn't driven 6 hours I would have stayed somewhere else. Don't waste your time or money. This place is a real dump!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

The price was good and easy to find off of HWY. I asked for a handicapped room and they put us on the 2nd floor. My room was damp and stinky, drippy faucet, stained sheets. Could not wait to leave. The person at the desk was sarcastic to me when I explained that my fellow traveler was already uncomfortable from the long hours in the car, and he would have to negotiate stairs because there was no elevator...not cool! He told me I should have requested the special orders. When I told him I did, he shrugged his shoulders and said that's all he had. He did not seem concerned or apologetic at all. They won't be seeing me again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Ironically, this was our most expensive hotel to date after over two weeks touring the USA, as it was Labour Day weekend and we could not use vouchers; so we booked this online through booking.com and it received favourable reviews. The receptionist was helpful and we went to our room, which was very big and seemed fine. But...

Red Roof claim they are curently undergoing "rededication" , as they quaintly put it and claim many amenities and services, which should be available at all their hotels like TV channels and deluxe continental breakfast. Ummmmm! The TV was old and we could only obtain a handful of channels; certainly none of the ones contained on Red Roof's flyer. The breakfast was poor with watered down coffee and juice, a toaster that did not work and one with handles missing making it difficult to operate. There was no fruit and all in all, it was well below what we expected.

The sink in our room took ages to empty. We had a ten second power cut, whilst we were sitting reading, having given up with the paucity of choice on the TV. The AC went off in the middle of the night. There were also holes in the blankets on the bed and the bench outside on the grass was broken; small details, which all added up to make this a very average stay indeed.

The one major plus, if you are a dog owners, is that dogs are allowed in the rooms.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Roof Inn Winchester, VA? Share your experiences!