“Fine for overnight..” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Winchester, VA

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Winchester, VA to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Winchester, VA
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   991 Millwood Pike, I-81 at Millwood Pike, exit #313/313-A, Winchester, VA 22602   |
Special Price
15% off your next stay
Ranked #18 of 27 hotels in Winchester
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Fine for overnight..”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

This place was conveniently located off interstate. They accept pets which is a plus. very rundown hotel. Smells in certain areas. They did have a breakfast which was convenient. Not very clean.. Don't know if I'd stay again..

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

138 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Bayside, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Don't waste your time or money on this dump! I'm at a loss to u derstand how anyone could say this place is good. The only positive is that it's cheap. The guy at the front desk had a very heavy accent and was extremely difficult to understand. The firsstroo I was given the key didn't work. The second had a huge spot on the door where the paint had peeled off. The door stuck so badly that I had to force it open and slam it hard to shut it. The room itself was clean but dibgy and smelled. If I hadn't driven 6 hours I would have stayed somewhere else. Don't waste your time or money. This place is a real dump!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

The price was good and easy to find off of HWY. I asked for a handicapped room and they put us on the 2nd floor. My room was damp and stinky, drippy faucet, stained sheets. Could not wait to leave. The person at the desk was sarcastic to me when I explained that my fellow traveler was already uncomfortable from the long hours in the car, and he would have to negotiate stairs because there was no elevator...not cool! He told me I should have requested the special orders. When I told him I did, he shrugged his shoulders and said that's all he had. He did not seem concerned or apologetic at all. They won't be seeing me again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Ironically, this was our most expensive hotel to date after over two weeks touring the USA, as it was Labour Day weekend and we could not use vouchers; so we booked this online through booking.com and it received favourable reviews. The receptionist was helpful and we went to our room, which was very big and seemed fine. But...

Red Roof claim they are curently undergoing "rededication" , as they quaintly put it and claim many amenities and services, which should be available at all their hotels like TV channels and deluxe continental breakfast. Ummmmm! The TV was old and we could only obtain a handful of channels; certainly none of the ones contained on Red Roof's flyer. The breakfast was poor with watered down coffee and juice, a toaster that did not work and one with handles missing making it difficult to operate. There was no fruit and all in all, it was well below what we expected.

The sink in our room took ages to empty. We had a ten second power cut, whilst we were sitting reading, having given up with the paucity of choice on the TV. The AC went off in the middle of the night. There were also holes in the blankets on the bed and the bench outside on the grass was broken; small details, which all added up to make this a very average stay indeed.

The one major plus, if you are a dog owners, is that dogs are allowed in the rooms.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Summerville, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Mold in ice bucket and on shower curtain. Informed mgt., they replaced the bucket and did nothing about the shower curtain until I protested a second time. Attempted to use iron and it fell apart in pieces. Had to wait until "breaks" were over to obtain a replacement, as well as an additional blanket. Mgt. did not seem to care in the least about customer service.

When I complained to Red Roof central office, I received a "form" letter apology from the Winchester location.

Room Tip: Stay at a different motel.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Judy T, Manager at Red Roof Inn Winchester, VA, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues you had during your stay at our location. We have discussed the issues with our housekeeping staff as well as front desk associates. Appropriate actions will be taken to avoid future incidents like these in order to achieve better guest experience. We appreciate the feedback and hope to serve you better in near future.
maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

One bed had dirty sheets on it, there was a used bar of soap in the shower, and there was lots of toothpaste "spray" around the mirror over the sink. The mattress was old and lumpy.

Red Roof Inns generally claim to be "pet friendly," and while they allowed me to stay with my working dog, I would not call this hotel "friendly" about having dogs stay there. Many signs and rules about dogs in the lobby, which I just find "off putting" and not the case in most other Red Roofs. Upon check-in I was also unpleasantly asked if I had a dog with me. Oddly (!) the only sign about being responsible for room damage appeared on the dog rules sign, I guess if humans cause the damage it's another story.

I am traveling to Winchester in two weeks and I have found another hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to Red Roof Inn Winchester, VA? Share your experiences!