“Comfortable and 1 small pet free” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Winchester, VA

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Winchester, VA to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Winchester, VA
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   991 Millwood Pike, I-81 at Millwood Pike, exit #313/313-A, Winchester, VA 22602   |
Offers & Announcements
15% off your next stay
Ranked #19 of 27 Hotels in Winchester
Syracuse
“Comfortable and 1 small pet free”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

We stayed because of our pet, we were pleased the room was comfortable and clean.
Happy not to get a pet room as many of the motels give you (and they are usually not
pleasant and you have to pay a fee). The heater worked well and was fairly quiet.
The beds were firm, we did not have back aches in the morning.
We were in a room under the stair and did not have the noise one would expect
All in all it was a nice experience and the free breakfast was adequate to get one started.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Judy T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Winchester, VA, responded to this review, May 19, 2012
Thanks for your fantastic feedback on your stay with us. We really enjoy hearing from guest regarding their stay. We hope you give us another chance in the future to serve you. We will do our best to make your stay more enjoyable and comfortable.

Judy Thompson.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
atl
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

First red roof to ever charge extra for pets (and we stay at a lot of those). The clerk acted surprised when questioned about it and said it was hotel policy and they were allowed to do that (as of july 2010). So yes, the only reason to stay at RRI has now been taken out of the equation. At least in this RRI. So i suggest you just tell them no pets and save some money. They wouldnt know better.

The TV was a 9" round tube from the 60s. Really?!

The beds were from the same vintage and soft with the springs clearly trying to escape the mattress.

Bathtub drainage was so so.

AC had a mind on its own in both heat and cold. 40s at night it barely kept it warm, 60s at checkout it couldnt keep it cool.. Imagine in more extreme weather.

I had a no disturb sign attached and maids tried to barge in before 10am. Good thing i had the door catch enabled.

Parking is great but with the hotel being at most 30% full, it's moot.

Room was clean though with no cigar after taste. Granted it probably hasn't been used in months which is why

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Judy T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Winchester, VA, responded to this review, April 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest survey. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Winchester Red Roof.

auburn, ny
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

Experience was awful...first room had a bug on the pillow, not a bed bug but still ! Changed to another room, do not think it had been vacuumed in ages! Shower was disgusting. Was too exhausted to travel any further but will never stay there again. All I got from the the front desk was."sorry, oh so sorry".......not sure they even understood why I was complaining!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Winchester Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

The red roof inn is okay for a one night stay. We had to change rooms as the first one was filthy dirty and I was not impressed, but we were given a cleaner room after I went to the office. I got the impression that the person there thought I was complaining for nothing but anyway he still changed the room for us. They need to get better housekeeping staff. Also a couple of smiles wouldnt hurt, they need to work on their friendliness.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Durham, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I arrived after 10PM and the parking was so dark it was a little scary since I was alone. Anyway, I had a reservation and it was late and I was tired from a long drive so went to check in. The man at the desk was very nice and told me about the breakfast the next morning. I headed down to my room and it was right next to the last metal staircase. It was even darker there, which made me even more nervous. I should have gone back to the office and asked for another room, but again, I was very tired and thought I'd just hurry in.

The room itself was very dark and dated and it just felt like it may not be very clean. At first I couldn't find anything to confirm that. The three pillows on the king bed were only about an inch thick, if that. Really, they were that thin and blanket is too! The heat warms up quickly, There were other hotels up the street and I really just wanted to check out, but figured it was just one night.

The water in the bathroom sink was ice cold, no matter how long I let it run. I hoped that would not be the case in the morning for the shower, but for the most part it was. The water in the shower barely got lukewarm and once I turned the shower head on it would go cold. When I shut the shower head off it would get a little lukewarm again. That became the drill for the duration of my shower, on and off with the shower head to get just lukewarm water. Needless to say, it was very frustrating and not the way one wants to start their morning!

The walls are very thin and I wouldn't recommend a room near the metal staircases as it's quite loud when people walk up and down them.

In the morning I noticed the coffee maker by the bathroom sink was very, very dirty. It looked like it hadn't been washed in who knows how long and had something stuck on the base that looked like pancake batter. I also saw bits of plaster and plastic on the floor by the ironing board that hung on the wall that looked like the vac had crashed into it and knocked the debris off.

In the morning I went down for the breakfast and the room it's in had a very offensive odor. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but it was very unappetizing. When I saw that one toaster appeared to be broke and another wouldn't stay down while someone tried to get their bread to go down I said forget it and left. I knew I could do better with the dollar menu at McDonald's!

When I checked out I told the desk clerk about the cold water issue and she was very apologetic, but offered no discount for something so important to a hotel stay. I also told her about the coffeemaker too. She said she'd tell management about both issues.

I have to say I was quite surprised by the experience I had at this location given the reviews here, which are usually right on. I know I will not stay here again, and in fact need an overnight on the way home but have choose another hotel chain for just a little bit more money that got excellent reviews on TA.

Room Tip: The metal staircases are very loud when being used so ask for a room no where near them.
Valencia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012 via mobile

I'm not a big fan of motels, but sometimes one just needs a place to sleep. This motel is good for that. My complaint is not the motels fault. It is my fault for staying at a motel. The person next to my room was very loud! Not only in his room but on the sidewalk outside. His went on till about midnight. I was going to change my room but it was too late. He problem with motels is that you have to deal with people on the sidewalk outside your room . I did'nt stop for breakfast but went to the near by Golden Coral.

• Stayed January 2012
Cleveland, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on our way back down from our trip. It had some modern updates the bathroom area. The beds were not comfortable and the covers were a little too thin for my liking. The room was average and had another set of doors to adorn to the other room if you needed that. Tv channels were only 15-20 channels. The room also had a desk area and outlets at desk level. Nothing fancy here, pretty average. No interior hallways at this hotel as well. Room noise was not even noticable. AC unit was not annoying as most tend to make loud noises when switching. I was able to fit my pack and play in the room and had it towards the end of the bed.
Breakfast was very minimal, coffee, juice, milk, bagels, mini muffins, waffles, cereal (2 kinds) and oatmeal. They only had a 4 slice toaster for use. I didn't like the fact the person before me was hogging it for at least 10 mins for 4 slices of whatever it was she got. Seating area is very small. You had to take a chair from another table if you had more than 2 travelling with you. Most seated 2 so we had our kids sit and we stood and our little one was in a high chair that was provided there. Person running the front desk had to also maintain the breakfast area. I give props to her because she was on her A-game all the way until breakfast was said to be over which was 6-9am.
Check in was easy and employees were nice and pleasant. Overall, not bad for the price and room.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Red Roof Inn Winchester, VA? Share your experiences!