“Cheap and clean, But!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Winchester, VA

You added Red Roof Inn Winchester, VA to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Winchester, VA
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   991 Millwood Pike, I-81 at Millwood Pike, exit #313/313-A, Winchester, VA 22602   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Pet Friendly !!
Ranked #18 of 27 Hotels in Winchester
Valencia, Pennsylvania
“Cheap and clean, But!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012 via mobile

I'm not a big fan of motels, but sometimes one just needs a place to sleep. This motel is good for that. My complaint is not the motels fault. It is my fault for staying at a motel. The person next to my room was very loud! Not only in his room but on the sidewalk outside. His went on till about midnight. I was going to change my room but it was too late. He problem with motels is that you have to deal with people on the sidewalk outside your room . I did'nt stop for breakfast but went to the near by Golden Coral.

• Stayed January 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Cleveland, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on our way back down from our trip. It had some modern updates the bathroom area. The beds were not comfortable and the covers were a little too thin for my liking. The room was average and had another set of doors to adorn to the other room if you needed that. Tv channels were only 15-20 channels. The room also had a desk area and outlets at desk level. Nothing fancy here, pretty average. No interior hallways at this hotel as well. Room noise was not even noticable. AC unit was not annoying as most tend to make loud noises when switching. I was able to fit my pack and play in the room and had it towards the end of the bed.
Breakfast was very minimal, coffee, juice, milk, bagels, mini muffins, waffles, cereal (2 kinds) and oatmeal. They only had a 4 slice toaster for use. I didn't like the fact the person before me was hogging it for at least 10 mins for 4 slices of whatever it was she got. Seating area is very small. You had to take a chair from another table if you had more than 2 travelling with you. Most seated 2 so we had our kids sit and we stood and our little one was in a high chair that was provided there. Person running the front desk had to also maintain the breakfast area. I give props to her because she was on her A-game all the way until breakfast was said to be over which was 6-9am.
Check in was easy and employees were nice and pleasant. Overall, not bad for the price and room.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
ma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

A little nervous about staying here - but rate was half that of nearby Aloft so we decided to give it a try. Room was clean and adequate. Double beds not great but ok for a quick night on our way through town on way back to New England.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Judy T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Winchester, VA, responded to this review, April 28, 2012
Thanks very much for letting us know regarding your stay via Trip Advisor. We appreciate you chosing Red Roof Inn for your lodging needs and look forward to serve you in future travel.

Judy thompson.
Red Roof Inn.
MD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

I have recently made reservations for our company which has traveled to Virginia before for our construction jobs. I made the reservations for our rooms from the ratings on TA. I never realized they did not come and do the rooms except every three days. When the employees (both men and women) arrived back to their room after a full day on the job, the rooms were not done, and there were no clean towels. I can see not vacumning, and dusting each day, but really, no clean towels, no straightening the covers, or cleaning the bathroom?? The rates were cheap enough, but IF they told me they don't do the rooms I would have gone elsewhere and paid a little more. They didn't complain too much, but since I pay the bills I feel the rooms should have been discounted even more sinceI wasn't told about their housekeeping.

Room Tip: Inform customers of your housekeeping or lack of before taking their reservations. Our employees ar...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

I give a lot of credit to the people who run Red Roof Inns. I've had better service in these inexpensive motels than in high end hotels. Red Roof offers a nice welcome and a clean room for less money. Winchester is no different. Free WiFi trumps less than luxurious towels AND they are pet friendly. If you don't like to spend a bundle just to bed down for a night or more, then Red Roof is a great choice.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Staten Island, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

At check in I was met with a quiet sort. I felt like I was disturbing him. Upon entering the room, I noticed it was dingy. The furnishings are typical Red Roof. Immediately I noticed, not one, but two stink bugs on the pillow which caused me to, of course, completely strip the bed. The sheets had ashes on them along with loose tobacco. I'm guessing the cleaning staff smoke while refreshing the room. I didn't see any legged creatures. The blanket was riddled with burn holes. Glad I brought my own blanket. The pillows are old and flat. Glad I brought my own. The bed was like sleeping on springs with a sheet. It was the most uncomfortable thing I've ever experienced. So, of course, I didn't sleep well at all. I've had a more comfortable sleep on the ground in a sleeping bag. The bathtub had cigarette burns all over it. The rug, badly stained. Glad I brought my dog's bed. I wouldn't want him laying on that rug. This place/room is in desperate need of a good wholesome cleaning, paint to freshen it up and new beds. I'm not going for the breakfast. This is not a place I would want to eat in. I've stayed at Red Roofs in allot of states, and this particular one, is the most disappointing. This particular Red Roof is at the half way point of my drive, so I used one of my free nights certificates. I think I'm going to reroute my trip to completely avoid this particular Red Roof. Does anyone have any suggestions as where to stay in the area that accepts dogs? This Red Roof is off my "where to stay" list. I've read the managers comments to the previous reviews. She should be completely ashamed of herself assuming people are accepting her words as good wishes, when in fact, she's blowing smoke up peoples you know where. Obviously, shes a poor manager. I hope Red Roof corporate takes a better look at this place and their management.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Ontario Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

After a long drive, we checked in to this great spot using a highway coupon book. The desk clerk was quick and courteous. The room was clean and a nice size. The bed was comfortable and the price was certainly right. The breakfast was more than adequate. To sum up this was the perfect overnight spot.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Judy T, Manager at Red Roof Inn Winchester, VA, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thanks so much for appreciation. Our team is glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We would to have you back and hope to serve you even better in future travel.

Been to Red Roof Inn Winchester, VA? Share your experiences!